PROJECT HELL NEW PHOTO

catfish1

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: PROJECT HELL NEW PHOTO

right on! fine looking upolstery job you did there.

kdmiller8251

Chief Petty Officer

**** thats some fine looking work you doing there!!

BigDiesel

Seaman Apprentice

msmorto,<br /><br />I am doing the same thing that you are. How did you get the stripes? Are you sewing the vinyl yourself? I would love to see those same pictures in more detail. How about emailing me?<br /><br />It looks great!!!!

msmorto

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Hi HydroSwift <br /> <br />My wife must take the CREDIT for doing the sewing.<br />It was not all that hard, she went very slow, and<br />broke a few needles. I will take some close-up photo this week-end and "E-MAIL" them to you.

BigDiesel

Seaman Apprentice

Morto,<br /><br />I would appreciate the photos, thanks!<br /><br />Right now I am preparing to cut new plywood, nearly all of the old wood was rotten. Did you use regular 3/4 plywood? Did you treat the wood with anything before putting on the vinyl?<br /><br />I am thinking of replacing the original (and now soft) 3" foam with 3" high density foam. What did you do?<br /><br />In the photos, it looks like you placed the vinyl on the new trunk (3rd row, far right) and then added the stripes (4th row, far right). Is that so?<br /><br />Unfortunately, I do not know how to sew ... less known sew vinyl. What I want is not as involved as yours, I just want a horizontal bead across the back ... the lower seat will be plain so that I can use it as a bed.<br /><br />Anyway, I look forward to seeing the photos. You can email them to me at ctracey@pcpostal.com.<br /><br />Thanks!

CCrew

Chief Petty Officer

MSMorto, <br />Work looks great! Really nice looking job. <br /><br />Just think... Keep whacking away at it, and sooner or later it ends up looking like this, and then it only can get better from there! (I hope!)<br />
boat35.jpg

msmorto

Petty Officer 3rd Class

HYDROSWIFT<br />I Had a HONEY-DO Week-end, So I did not have time to take more Photos, The way you can do your trunk does not need any sewing, You first cover the trunk with one color vinyl and then you take a piece of a diferent color, fold the two edge under, and put them on the trunk and staple away. Mine had 3 color they where sew together but if you dont need 3 color you can do it with just one color for the trim Hope that help.