PROGRESS FINALLY

Eggkr8

Petty Officer 1st Class
Finally enough snow has melted and it was warm enough to get serious about my 1964 Glassmaster<br /><br />I ripped out the floors, they just crumbled in my hands! <br />Cut out the bow panels (to be re-created in my basement). <br />Made my floor template<br />Made a windshield template<br />Pulled my engine cover panel to re-wood it in my basement<br />Inspected the transom to discover how completely rotted it is. The good news is that the skins are seperating from the wood very easily so I think it will be a relatively easy replacement<br />AND found that my local fabric store carried the white marine vinyl I was looking for , so I got six yards. <br /><br />I was amazed by the hull design for a 16 footer. It had three stringers and up high another pair of stringer like structures, but it looks like they were formed over a 2" diameter tube<br /><br />I can't believe I am almost ready to put in the new floors!<br /><br />Cheers<br />e

G DANE

Commander
Re: PROGRESS FINALLY

Some boats have stringer build over a half-round balsa core. Some have stringers from f/g formed over PVC tube. They cant rot !! If the stringers are the kind where F/G builds the strength.

Eggkr8

Petty Officer 1st Class

GEEZ!!! you Regal Majestic guys really gang up! I tell you, once I find someone else with a 40 year old Glassmaster, it is rumble time!!!!!<br /><br />I just got back in town from a business trip. I will try and grab some pictures tomorrow of all the damage ... AND of MY NEW SEATS BABY!!!!! They are due to arrive tomorrow. If anyone if looking for simple two person lounge seats, boatersworld.com has them on sale for $99 and free shipping!<br /><br />Hey, Boatdrinks, if it helps my credibility at all, I am the one guy with more sweat into Will's boat than he does!

Boatdrinks

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Eggkr...find you a fellow Glassmaster owner and BRING IT ON!!! LOL It is pretty wild that we stumbled across each other though... Never have seen another Majestic until now. They are great boats and I don't know why...but that's ok. You know how visual us Regal guys are...we just have to see pictures! New seats...cool. So...you have more sweat into Will's boat than he does? Hmmm...sounds like you have some dirt on him then? Well...anybody that is a friend of a Majestic owner is a friend of mine!

Eggkr8

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey boatdrinks, pics will be up tonight. I meant to say it like I was second to Will for the amount of sweat put into his boat. But now that you point it out, I might have to reconsider that statement!! Will and I are old friends, he is partly responsible for my money pit! Then again, I guess I am partly responsible for him getting the silverline!

JustMrWill

Master Chief Petty Officer

If I remember correctly, Egg, you were the cause of the oil leak (just couldn't wait for the pump to empty it and once I ran to store to get a few supplies...removed the dipstick from the oil pan).<br /><br />But seriously...Egg put in alot of time and effort into my boat...I even let him try to drive it ONCE...I dont think that rock will be the same :) <br /><br />-JustMrWill

Boatdrinks

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Will, so that explains where the rest of your restoration money went? A new leg in lieu of other goodies? For shame, Egg....for SHAME!!! And what's this about an oil leak? Mmmm, mmmm! This is getting very interesting! :p

JustMrWill

No...the leg was me...the scratch in the bow was Egg.<br /><br />-JustMrWill

Boatdrinks

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I get the picture now... Gosh...that is the worst about your leg though. I hate it when money gets diverted from what we want to do with it..such as your outdrive, the mortgage, groceries, etc... :(

JustMrWill

Mortgage!!! D@mn...I knew I forgot something!! I guess I will live on the boat now... :) <br /><br />Egg...no pictures yet? I got to see boat firsthand..but BoatDrinks sounds like he is going to wet himself if he doesn't get to see your project soon :) <br /><br />-JustMrWill