Problem with a venture trailer!

MikDee

Banned
Re: Problem with a venture trailer!

Can you fastened a "U" bracket on each side of the pivot point to keep the roller assembly from shifting ??? I would have to see it to see if this is possible.

Thanks for all the help gents, to sum it up, this is what I was thinking also, I already picked up some 3/4" u-bolts that just fit over it with a round end, once I get the boat off, I'm gonna try & tighten them to fit, and put one on each side of the roller pivot as a stop, welding on something was another idea I had, but I'll try the u-bolts first, to see what happens. Another reason I put this up was to warn other people to check this, as I didn't notice this problem right away, I wasn't really paying attention with the nice looking trailer until I took a closer look. :eek: You could say my opinion of roller trailers has changed, and I will be looking for bunks to put on it, currently haven't found any with the mounting brackets attached?

Bondo

Staff member

This may seem simple, but have you tried to reset the rollers pivot and re-tighten the nuts on the U-Bolt?

That's the Answer........

Being bedded in rubber,..... It'll move enough to conform to the boat, without shifting around.........

eli_lilly

Chief Petty Officer

I will be looking for bunks to put on it, currently haven't found any with the mounting brackets attached?

They typically don't come as a package. You get the mounting brackets separate, that is the "business end" of the deal, and then the bunk itself is just a piece of regular wood covered with marine carpet.

-E

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

Your missing the top of the pivot saddle. The top of the pivot saddle fits down inside the U in the shaft and the u-bolts holds the entire assembly in place.

You’re missing the pivot slide as well.

5508.jpg

5509.jpg

MikDee

Banned

That's the Answer........

Being bedded in rubber,..... It'll move enough to conform to the boat, without shifting around.........

Bond-o, The rubber does not have any sides on it, nor a "lip", or "stop" on it as far as I can tell? That's why I don't think it's going to keep this from happenig again, but once I get a chance to drop the boat in the water, I'll look at it more closely, maybe this is the answer, but I doubt it? Either way, I'm going to try to lubricate it with something? maybe WD-40 so there's no binding.

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,........ I think DingBat found your Problem..........

MikDee

Banned

Your missing the top of the pivot saddle. The top of the pivot saddle fits down inside the U in the shaft and the u-bolts holds the entire assembly in place.

You’re missing the pivot slide as well.

5508.jpg

5509.jpg

dingbat, These look great, surely like they'd solve my problem, but I'm not sure how they work or if they'll even fit my trailer? Mine are rubber, and do not look like they're missing any parts? Just the yellow plastic slides that fell off the bottom, besides mine have a rectangular u-bolt, I'm guessing these need a round ended u-bolt, not even sure if the spread of the U-bolts are compatible to fit?

I did call Venture, and spoke with a guy named Matt, he seemed to know the problem, even though he had no model number (I'm still waiting for the new title from Pa.). I did find a metal band around the axle with the capacity of 2,500lbs, but can't read anything else. After I described the trailer, year (2002), and capacity, he knew what model it was, and advised me to tighten up the U-bolts, I told him that won't solve the problem, just make the roller fulcrum too tight to move on it's pivot, then I asked him if I could use these other parts found online, he said, No!,,, but I know what you need, I'll send it out. So, now I'll just have to wait, & see what I get?

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

Those parts are listed as being used on Venture trailers and shows an roller axle that looks exactly like yours.

I'd be interested to see what he sends out so lets us know when you get the parts.

MikDee

Banned

Those parts are listed as being used on Venture trailers and shows an roller axle that looks exactly like yours.

I'd be interested to see what he sends out so lets us know when you get the parts.

dingbat, Thanks for the help, but would you please post the link to the pictures so I can check out that info.

MikDee

Banned

Well, it's like Christmas at my house! I recieved a package by UPS yesterday, as I was out on the boat. Venture came through valiantly! I have the new style 2pc pivot assembly's, u-bolt's, and plastic guides for every roller on my trailer! All can I say, is they did the right thing.

Yesterday after I got the boat off the trailer, I reset the roller bar to center, and tightened down the u-bolt, but it would only go so far, and the bar was loose enough to swing in the breeze because the old broken plastic slide was missing. Not having anything to shim it with at the ramp, I decided to use the 3/4" wide x 3/16" bolt size u-bolts I had planned to use as a lock on each side of the fulcrum, as a shim under the u-bolt on the saddle, it worked but they were precariously sticking up, and left the bar tight. The front 2 sets of rollers are the only ones giving me a problem presently. Luckily it worked when I put the boat back on, but as I see these are the ones that get the most stress when loading the boat, especially when the strakes of the boat hit them at odd angles going on, and after trying to be as careful as possible, still on the right (starboard side) the one strake got caught on the edge of a roller, kept the boat off center, and moved the roller assembly off center, & to the right.

Johnshan1

Senior Chief Petty Officer

never heard a bad word about venture- ive had em myself and liked them. Glad they did the right thing.