Prince Craft Restoration

frabcabert

Cadet
I just recently purchased my first boat ever and thought you guys may want to see some pictures of the restoration process. The floor and stringers are all rotten, seats are broken and all the wiring, etc needs to be redone.

I don't know what year boat this is, 1970's? (let me know if you know) Has a Merc 800 (80hp) 1969 i think.

IMG_0273.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

Watch for further updates..

Last edited by a moderator:

Driverseat

Cadet
Re: Prince Craft Restoration

I'm fairly new to boating, only been at it for a couple years now and accumulated just 3 little boats already. That's another story though. I've always received a title with my boat purchases that had all the information you are looking for.

However, the little guy up in the bow of the boat will retain some of the best memories of his life being out on the water and in the boat with his dad. Good luck on the restore and hope you get it in the water in time to enjoy this summer.

What part of this country are you in?

frabcabert

Cadet

Thanks, I purchased the boat from a friend, I'll have to see if he has some documents on it. And yes, my son wants to ride that boat in the garage all day.
I live in Manitoba, Canada.

86RajunCajun

Petty Officer 1st Class

Good grab there bud. Those tri hulls like that are a great, cheap and easy boat to fix up and have great fun on.

Good luck to you!
RC

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Great Picture with your son!!

I would clean the hull with comet cleanser and then compound with a polisher and it will look great!

Please limit your picture size to 640 x 480 ;)

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Nice work on the demo. Looking good. By now you are surely seeing why we say you can easily rebuild it BETTER than it was when new :)

tallcanadian

Captain

Great looking boat. All tri hulls are of course. :) check your HIN number at the top right side of your transom. outside that is. Your Merc has red trim on it? Possibly early 70s. Nice work so far. Welcome.

frabcabert

Cadet

Hey tallcanadian, The merc is a 69 i know that much. Merc 800. But the boat i could not find any info on. Besides PrinceCraft. Ill have a look today, see what i can find. Hope to get this thing on the water for may....

boatflipper

Chief Petty Officer

Nice looking boat and it looks like you are coming right along!
I would be sure I could get a title for it though because if you do all that work and you can't get a title that would be a big 'ol bummer. Here where I live (Winchester, KY) it is really simple to get a title. I don't know about Canada though...
Good luck!

tallcanadian

Captain

Hey tallcanadian, The merc is a 69 i know that much. Merc 800. But the boat i could not find any info on. Besides PrinceCraft. Ill have a look today, see what i can find. Hope to get this thing on the water for may....

I didn't know that Princecraft made a tri hull. I know it's sister company did, Peterborough boats. You certainly have a gem there, that is for sure. I like it.

frabcabert

Cadet

Well, Finally made some progress on my boat, I'm not to proud of my fiberglassing job, but it will do for now, i guess. I love how the floor hides all the imperfections. I dont have access to many proper tools, so a lot of this is just eye balling it. Suprising enough, its beginning to look good. Any advice on where i can get carpet in manitoba/ winnipeg area?

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

fauxmeister

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Looking good! Keep it up and you'll be on the lake before you know it!

frabcabert

Cadet

Made some progress on my boat this last week, hope to get most of it done next week.
I'm not to proud of these pictures, but thats the best i could do with the rain outside, and the lazyniss within me.

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

frabcabert

Cadet

Well now that the sun came out again, I managed to make some progress on my boat. Have the seats installed, carpet is just about done. I still have to get the engine running, I suspect the battery will need replacing. I do have one question though, when i turn the key to start the engine, it cranks, but when i turn the key off, it just keep cranking, I had to remove the battery to have it stop. Has anyone else ever experienced this? Is it just my Ignition switch sticking?

Any how, here are some more pics, its beginning to look like a boat.

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg