Prestige trailker parts

muc

"Retired" Association of Marine Technicians...
Hi, Can anybody tell me where to find disc brake and spindle parts for a Prestige trailer?
Its a M/N BT225 6,000lbs tandem axle.
Looks like the company went out of business in 2009.
Was bought by Heritage Custom trailers, has anybody tried to get Prestige parts from them?
Thanks Muc

jeeperman

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Prestige trailker parts

99.9% of all trailers are built using common parts made by other suppliers. Nothing is really unique to the different brands.
Unless someone knows, and posts with a definative answer, you will have to try and identify the axle, hub and brake components in order to find replacement parts.
Look for tags on the axle(s) and logos on the brake parts and compare to what you can find on the net.

Rolls Axle Trailers is the only one I know of that actually makes their own axle assembly, hubs, spring and brake parts.

gozierdt

Petty Officer 1st Class

I agree with JeeperMan, all the trailers I've ever had used commonly available axles, hubs, wheels, brakes, brake controllers, etc. Your trailer should have a capacity plate on it that lists the axle capacities plus the overall weight capacity of the trailer. With that you can go to a local trailer supply, or on the web- two good suppliers I've used are eTrailer:

http://www.etrailer.com/

And Champion trailer:

http://www.championtrailers.com/

I'd call either or both, and describe what you need- I'll bet they can help.

muc

Thanks for your advice. This trailer has a torsion axle unlike any I've seen before. I'm really hoping to find somebody who has been thru this. None of my suppliers has seen one like it. The only casting numbers I can find are UFP 03N31 on the spindle.
Like you say I'm hoping this is a off the shelf item. I just can't figure out where that shelf is.
Thanks Muc

jeeperman

Lieutenant Commander

just google UFP trailer axles.
You will find what your looking for.

Pacific Trailers looks like a retailer.

muc

Thanks for your help. But UFP doesn't seem to make any torsion axles. Looks like I might have to try and get some pictures of the axle on Monday.
Thanks Muc

muc

Thanks I'll give them a call in the morning.
Muc

burp

Petty Officer 1st Class

It was sad to see Prestige Trailers close their doors and sell out to Heritage but with the economic downturn it was understandable. Prestige made a very good trailer. I've had one for 12 years. The axle that Prestige used was a Reliable torsion axle with the Reliable SureLube hubs. Initially, Prestige used drum brakes and later moved over to Reliable disk brakes. The Reliable disk brake calipers had problems with the brake caliper puck, so Prestige switched over to the Kodiak disk brakes. Heritage Trailers should be able to help you with replacement parts.

muc

Update, Tobin at Heratige Trailers was able to drop ship the parts to me.
I would like to thank everybody for their help!
Muc