pressurized tank o ring

bvav22

Cadet
i need to replace the orings in the easy connector for my gas tank. the engine is a 1953 johnson 10hp, and im sure the tank is from the same year. how do i open
the connector so that i can get the old o rings out?

325369514.jpg

325369506.jpg

325369501.jpg

woody66912

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: pressurized tank o ring

first you need the right o ring any old won't do .put in vice push down center pin take small pick dig old out. lube new while still holding center pin down pinch o ring together .push one end down in side it gets tough from hear try not to use anything sharp some type of round pick works best and stay at it the pros do it the same way.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

laingsoutboards.com has the kit including those, and the necessary part to renew the gas tank.

F_R

Supreme Mariner

bvav, you are lucky that you have such an old one. On yours, you can remove the hose nipples and use a punch through the holes that they came out of to knock the brass bushings out of the connector housing. Put in a new o-ring and tap the bushings back into the housing. Newer ones, use a home-made hook to snag the rings out. Part number is 301824, a special size o-ring.

bvav22

Cadet

im not sure what you mean by remove those nipples? what nipples

does anyone know a shop in michigan that can would sell those o rings or even service the tank for me?