Pressfit Trailer Lights are Stupid!

hostage

Lieutenant
These things like to fall out when trailering on the road and can pop out when launching/recovering. Any one have any suggestions, I want something to work and not worry. I was thinking of zip ties.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
There are millions of them on the road that have traveled billions of miles, without falling out.

wrong size hole or wrong size grommets.

airshot

Rear Admiral
My curiousity has been stirred, I looked up pressfit trailer lights and found nothing, anyone lead me in the right direction??

Earl Cordova

Petty Officer 2nd Class
The holes cut out of your trailer are too big.
As mentioned by XS Power, just silicone them in.

Alumarine

Captain
My curiousity has been stirred, I looked up pressfit trailer lights and found nothing, anyone lead me in the right direction??
I think ones like this.

airshot

Rear Admiral
Never knew they were snap/ press in place fit.....learn something new everyday....thanks

hostage

Lieutenant
The holes cut out of your trailer are too big.
As mentioned by XS Power, just silicone them in.
The hole cut out must be wrong as you suggested as the stock lights kept falling out. My old man lost one and the replacement ones he got are also falling out. They like coming out, when you remove the trailer from the water. Will try silicone.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
The hole cut out must be wrong as you suggested as the stock lights kept falling out. My old man lost one and the replacement ones he got are also falling out.
Our horse trailer uses grommet mounts.
Does he replace grommet and all or just the light?

Had some similar issues until I started replacing both the grommets and lamps. Never had a problem since.