preparing flounder

O.T.Water

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: preparing flounder

Joey, not sure where you are from so there could be many recipes. But if you are talking about blackbacks from the northeast then I fully agree with flyrod. They are small and tender and sweet. Keep it simple so you can enjoy the flavors.;)

The way i prepare (flounder, sand-dabs, & other bottom fish here in the northwest) is steamed whole. Marinade of your choice, then steam whole and garinsh to finish (chopped chives or green onion) Glass of a nice white wine would be good.

Les Robb

Chief Petty Officer

Darn Walt-oxie1, I'm used to the video way but always open to new ideas. Was going to try and describe as you did but figured no one would understand without seeing it. I'm trying to envision your way but don't see it either. How about a video? It will give you a good excuse to go fishing.

Let us know

pecheux

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Well I like fish to taste like fish ... so I simply put a hint of salt and pepper + a hint of fish spices ... roll it in flour ... and roast it. LOL

SuperNova

Lieutenant

What is the best way to prepare flounder?
Talk to it gently and explain about the greater good it will be serving :)

Seriously, my family likes it wrapped around a spinach, mushroom, onion and feta cheese blend and then broiled. Me, I just like it raw so you can actually taste the fish as nature intended. No, j/k again. I like it broiled lightly with a little butter and maybe some lemon juice.

walt-oxie1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Darn Walt-oxie1, I'm used to the video way but always open to new ideas. Was going to try and describe as you did but figured no one would understand without seeing it. I'm trying to envision your way but don't see it either. How about a video? It will give you a good excuse to go fishing.

Let us know

I would if I had a way to make a video. I really don't need an excuse to go fishing. I commercial fish and catch flounder all year but December when they close the season here. Most fish markets clean them the same way I descried.

noworries79

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Still can't beat fried flounder in Autry's breader with a little cayenne pepper served with a slice of lemon and your favorite sauce. Although the other recipe's sound great too. Mmmmm I'm getting hungry! Cheers!