pre-election polls

kd6nem

Chief Petty Officer
So what happened with all the polls which said Kerry was leading? Come on now, do the pollsters really have so much more integrity than the media?<br /><br />I feel a bit ashamed, I was actually starting to believe what they were saying. Now I know better, and should have before. What a relief!!!

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: pre-election polls

The exit polls are conducted by an independent polling company that is under contract to the news media.<br />MSNBC said last night that the company had polled so many democrats that, that is the reason for the polls the way they were.<br />Needless to say, that company won't be doing it anymore.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I have a theory about the whole thing, but it doesn't jive with what the talkin-heads are saying, even in the aftermath.<br />I've talked to many young republicans who say young voter ranks aren't as liberal as MTV would have us believe. I think the young vote clearly had a major influence in W's victory.<br />The spin machines are obviously in need of a "228 year overhaul", IMHO.<br />They blew this one, to my great delight.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

the "pre" election polls I saw were dead on.<br />51% Bush???<br />exit polls is another story. it's NOT possible<br />to mess up exit polls unless it on purpose IMO.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Maybe thier preliminary exit polls backfired.<br /><br />People heard Kerry was winning and rushed out to slam the door on him. :D <br /><br /><br />Ken

kd6nem

Chief Petty Officer

MY, remember which polls and when?<br />I was a participant with Zogby, and got to see their monthly reports. Zogby was all over the place within the six months before the election. Occasionally they were even close. More often than not they were out in left field, though.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

They should have settled for the iboats pre-election poll.