Prayers needed

aspeck

Staff member
Have a rash of workers with problems - please pray for them and their families.<br /><br />I will be taking one worker's wife to the doctor today, just found out he had not taken her because he did not have the 500,000 cedi's needed for treatment (about $55). She gave birth about a month ago, and not all the afterbirth came out. Now it has caused a severe infection to the point that her liver and gall bladder are severly enlarged. They have known this for a week and have not gone because they did not have the money. I will be taking her to the Dr shortly.<br /><br />Another worker called me at 1 this morning to tell me they were rushing her daughter to the hospital because she was out of blood. I do not know what that means? Low blood pressure? Low blood count? I have no idea. Hopefully I will findout more today.<br /><br />Please keep these guys and their families in your prayers today.

LadyFish

Admiral
Re: Prayers needed

You're a good man aspeck. Prayers to all those you help, and for you too in thanks that people like you still exist. :)

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

I will pray for your workers and for your strength as well Aspeck.

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

God bless you Speck and here's praying for those you are looking out for.

cmyers_uk

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I now can see the benefits of a national health service. What happens if people cant afford the doctor in the US isnt there something to cover the people on social security?

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Of course,Aspeck. And it's so good to hear from you!<br />Our church is mobilizing too. Our pastor is asking that we all pray for everyone there, and forming-up the obligatory fund-channeling. Our church is working with a ministry in-country, who claims the main thing everyone needs right-away, are shoes (of all things). She said the survivors lost everything. Those that were in the actual flooding lost the clothing off thier backs at times, but ALLWAYS lost thier shoes.<br />And she reported many injuries to thier feet from stepping on debris.<br />I just cannot grasp all of this, where SHOES become so vital to day-to-day survival!<br />My heart aches.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

You are doing a great service there aspeck, God Bless you. You can count on our prayers as well.

aspeck

Staff member

Wanted you to know the daughter will be fine - very low blood pressure, and anemic. Responding well to meds.<br /><br />The wife of the other worker is also doing well. Probably gall stones is the culprit, although the Dr is looking at hepatitis.<br /><br />When I get a chance I will post about my experience in the hospital - you will never complain about any emergency room or doctor again! I promise you! Let us just say that my diagnosis won over the doctors - they were all interns and didn't have a clue what they were looking for, or how to ask questions!