FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Just ordered rebuilt powerhead for my Evinrude<br />l996, ll5hp Ocean Pro. Has anyone out there attempted to install one? I can turn a bolt with the best of 'em, but would appreciate any suggestions; I understand setting the timing is critical.
Hi Tom...welcome to iboats..<br /><br />Best advice for powerhead installation is....if ya' don't have a service manual, get one. It will explain how to go about the process. OEM service manuals are prefered. They are still available for your engine from any Johnny/Rude dealer or get a generic. Iboats store handles them.
I would suggest asking the rebuilder about warranty if a "non-dealer" installs it. I'm not saying you cant do it - you may very well do as good a job or better but its better to ask now.<br /><br />Good luck!