FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
The power tilt motor works pushing engine in up position, however it seems stuck there.The power tilt motor runs but the engine is not going down.Any suggestions to getting the engine down would be appreciated. Thank you Andy
On what part of the trim or tilt unit would I get a visual on the fluid level?I see a screw head in a cup-shaped piece across and on the starboard side of the trim and tilt motor.Is that the fluid fill?If I back out that screw,can I simply shoot fluid in the opening until its topped off?I am working on the manual release valve which is frozen.Thank you Andy
That is the fluid fill port. Remove the cap (screwdriver and hand) and fill with some Dextron ATF, with the boat level. Make sure the manual tilt locks are not engaged and run the trim motor in the down direction and see if you can push the motor down.