power tilt / lift

rocket rich

Petty Officer 1st Class
If I have a power tilt/lift installed on my 9.8A3 tohatsu will that void the warranty.
Rich

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
RR,

What's the point of installing a costly gadget on just a 9.8 HP engine. What are your expectations about installing one on your current set up ?

Happy Boating

rocket rich

Petty Officer 1st Class
because the motor is too heavy for me to lift up 10 x a day, 20 years ago yes but at74 no

pvanv

Admiral
If I have a power tilt/lift installed on my 9.8A3 tohatsu will that void the warranty.
Rich
It would be cost prohibitive to convert to a Factory power tilt setup, but you could rig a CMC or similar power tilt plate. Costly and heavy, but they work well. It will not affect the warranty. If you decide to go that route, I highly recommend you seek the advice and expertise of an installing dealer; you may end up removing the transom clamp handles (for tilt bracket clearance), and there will be the usual height issues, since your motor would then be set back several inches, and you might need to raise it up some for proper jack height.

Check out the Garelick tilt handle. It reaches back over the top of the cowl, and allows you to get more leverage for tilting, plus you will be further forward while tilting, so it is easier overall.