Power tilt and trim

tblshur

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Will a 3 wire 82 model Johnson 140 hp work on a 83 model Johnson 140hp 2 wire tilt and trim motor if so how to wire it

racerone

Supreme Mariner
You are best to find a 2 wire motor to put on a 2 wire system.----Come to think of it I thought 82 models were a 2 wire motor as well.

tblshur

Thanks Racerone not much gets by you come to think of it I noticed the power head is an 82 and the tag on the mounting bracket says j115t78 or something close to that I guess that explains it I wanted to put the t&t on my 83

tblshur

Bad Al thank you for the wiring diagram that helps very much I think I will see if I can use my old 2 wire motor on the new to me t&t thanks again for the help :joyous:

Bad Al

Cadet
Bad Al thank you for the wiring diagram that helps very much I think I will see if I can use my old 2 wire motor on the new to me t&t thanks again for the help :joyous:

Your reply confuses me..... If you're thinking you can use the 2 wire PTT motor with the wiring diagram above, think again as you cannot!

The 2 wire motor demands the relay system. This may be my last post as I'm leaving my dad's place shortly and will be heading back to Texas.

tblshur

Bad Al sorry for the confusion I’m not good at explaining things your diagram showed me that the 3wire system uses the solenoids so I will use my current 2 wire system relays and motor on the new t&t unit just change the motors thanks for your concern have a good trip back to Texas should be warm down there