Power steering

garnut

Cadet
Hi,

Is it possible to install an original power steering pump and actuator on a Bayliner 192CU 2004, Mercruiser 3.0L, Alpha one? Actually there's no power steering, i know that we can find some kits, for instance Seastar solutions sale these kits but it is expensive instead of Mercruiser parts that i can find everywere.

Thanks.

Sylvain

alldodge

Staff member
Hi,

Is it possible to install an original power steering pump and actuator on a Bayliner 192CU 2004, Mercruiser 3.0L, Alpha one? Actually there's no power steering, i know that we can find some kits, for instance Seastar solutions sale these kits but it is expensive instead of Mercruiser parts that i can find everywere.

Thanks.

Sylvain

Not a problem just need to find a donor boat to get the parts you need, otherwise the parts are up there. Here is a link for the pump and lines, will also need the ram and may need pulleys if you don't have the extra groove for the belt. Now if you have a serpentine (no engine serial number) would need a new belt

http://www.mercruiserparts.com/Show...9&bnbr=180&bdesc=Power+Steering+Pump+Assembly

garnut

Cadet
Not a problem just need to find a donor boat to get the parts you need, otherwise the parts are up there. Here is a link for the pump and lines, will also need the ram and may need pulleys if you don't have the extra groove for the belt. Now if you have a serpentine (no engine serial number) would need a new belt

http://www.mercruiserparts.com/Show...9&bnbr=180&bdesc=Power+Steering+Pump+Assembly

Thank you for the information. I'll check for scrap boat or if i can'nt find i'll buy on Ebay for used parts.

alldodge

Staff member
Thank you for the information. I'll check for scrap boat or if i can'nt find i'll buy on Ebay for used parts.

Just a note, you didn't provide an engine serial number so I guessed at what you might need and provided a link. The parts listed may or may not be the exact fit for your boat

garnut

Cadet
Just a note, you didn't provide an engine serial number so I guessed at what you might need and provided a link. The parts listed may or may not be the exact fit for your boat

There's the serial number 0m678807, the year of the engine is 2003. I forgot to wrote it.

garnut

Cadet

Thank you very much to have took the time to find all the informations, very kind of you.

garnut

Cadet
I already found most of the parts i need. The pump with hoses, the cooler, the actuator. I have pay 100$ CND, very good price!! I dont know if this kit will fit because of generation 1 or 2, i dont even know the difference between one or the other, anyway. Now i need three brackets for fixing the pump, these brackets are very expensive. Any idea where in can find these brackets used? I have check already on the web and nothing, just new parts.

alldodge

Staff member
Unable to say for sure but maybe check auto junk yards. There is a good possibility they are the same brackets but need to verify. Find an entire car engine and see if the setup is the same

garnut

Cadet
Unable to say for sure but maybe check auto junk yards. There is a good possibility they are the same brackets but need to verify. Find an entire car engine and see if the setup is the same

Ok i'll check this out. Thanks.

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,..... The 2.5l / 3.0l motor, has Never been used in cars,....

Ya need the Merc brackets,....

Used is gonna be tough as it ain't a popular option,....

alldodge

Staff member
Bondo, your saying the actual brackets and not the 3.0 correct?

Bondo

Staff member
Bondo, your saying the actual brackets and not the 3.0 correct?

Ayuh,.... I'm sayin' the 3.0l has Never been put in a car, 'n the 2.5l was used only in 1962,....

Automotive brackets will be very different,...

I'm also sayin' of the millions of 3.0l motors put in boats, very few have P/S,.....

garnut

Cadet
Ayuh,.... I'm sayin' the 3.0l has Never been put in a car, 'n the 2.5l was used only in 1962,....

Automotive brackets will be very different,...

I'm also sayin' of the millions of 3.0l motors put in boats, very few have P/S,.....

Ok, that's why i dont find nothing in automotive parts. No choice for me, i will order new parts from Mercruiser dealer. Thanks.