Potential First Boat - 1995 Century Arabian 24'

benjaminearle

Recruit
So, I'm in the mood for a boat (not enough other headaches in my life I guess) and a 1995 24' Arabian Bowrider has caught my eye. Per the ad it has a 454 (I assume that's a Bravo drive) and has 240 hours on it. I can't seem to find much information on this year and model - it appears this is maybe one of the last "real" Century boats before Yamaha bought the line and had Cobia building them.

arabian 1.jpg
arabian 2.jpg

I'd love to hear from anyone with first hand knowledge of this era/model. I'm curious about smart things like what to look for if I ever go lay eyes on it (does this still have wooden stringers or floor?) and what to ask the owners. I also am curious about juvenile things like what's the top speed you can expect out of it? I need to be faster than my sister's 19' Four Winns with a 5.0 Penta. I had my eye on a '95 23' Supra Saltare but it got away.

dpar

Cadet
Just bought your sisters boat, 95 w 5.0L 195 hrs on it. Things I should have checked; Plugs are near impossible to access, check hull for thru hole depth gauge failed attempts, check bellows carefully for cracking. Of course due dilegence on std 22 point check list or pay for a survey.