FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Anyone have any pictures of how to mount these posts to the frame? My frame is so far under the boat, the guide on's will not adjust out far enough.
I need 25" out to the rub rail from the frame.
I made/installed a pair today on the Texas Maid project. Used PVC pipe and U-bolted it to the trailer frame, posts 50 inches high...A big square U. Cost about $30, including new PVC cleaner/glue.
you are going to have to go custom, which type did you buy? you can use 2 inch pvc, or 2 inch galvanized pipe, for the base. the put a piece of pvc over the pipe.
I made/installed a pair today on the Texas Maid project. Used PVC pipe and U-bolted it to the trailer frame, posts 50 inches high...A big square U. Cost about $30, including new PVC cleaner/glue.
I used a piece of metal "channel" used by plumbers to hang pipes and u-bolted that to the frame at a sufficient length so the vertical metal pipe was about 2 in. from the rubrail. The vertical metal was something I picked up out of the trash at work and already had an L shape bend at one end. The pvc slips over the vertical pipe and you are done. I already had the pvc laying around at home so the whole thing cost me almost nothing. Put a cap on the top of the pvc but drill a hole in it so air or water pressure can escape.
Don't know if I have a pic anymore but I will check later.
Joe