Post a picture of your Crestliner

Frayed_Knot

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Post a picture of your Crestliner

Hey Nathan
Never really thought about an aluminum floor - went with the wood mostly because I have the tools to work with wood and don't have access to equipment or the know-how, for that matter, to fabricate a metal floor. Wood seems to be the norm for resto projects - http://forums.iboats.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22 probably because its easy. I would imagine if you can get the material at decent price (guessing it will be expensive though) and have no issues fabricating the floor panels, the aluminum would last you a long, long time - every work boat or commercial boat I have ever seen has a metal deck. There is likely a reason for that ... not always the most comfortable surface to stand on for long hours though. I am going to put the Nautelix vinyl down ... not sure how much cushioning I will lose, not having the carpet, but I would think it will be worth it. As you know the carpet wears out and looks bad pretty quick but my main concern is that it holds so much water next to the wood floor. When you start on it, you should start a thread with pictures on making the aluminum floor, would like to see that being done. How thick of aluminum plate do you think you will need to keep the floor from being too springy? What sort of spacing for the supports underneath? Will the aluminum floor make the boat a lot noisier? wonder what sort of sound deadening the wood provides?

Wish I had some completed projects pictures, but not there yet... been out of town a lot for work and working late when I am home. Hopefully soon I will have some pictures to put up... was thinking about starting a thread in the resto forum once I get a chance to start back at it.... figured I am going to have lots of questions when the reassembly begins. Right now the only accomplishment so far is that the floor panels have been epoxied. the image of the floor above was just from when I laid them out to see if they fit after cutting all of them.

The boat is a walk-thru. Pulling the consoles was pretty simple. taking up the old floor was a pain in places - had to drill out a lot of the old decking screws. some weren't stainless and rusted pretty bad and some of the stainless were siezed-up pretty good to where I stripped the heads off with the electric driver.

NathanY

Commander

Yeah I was just thinking about aluminum because the new ones have aluminum floors in them. I will do a post with pictures when I do mine. I had a 2006 Lowe Stinger that had all aluminum floors in it, I did not notice any difference in it when standing, but it did have good carpet. I fished a ton of hours in that boat. I sold it and got this boat because its a good deep v. My low had either 1/8" or 3/16" plate for flooring, I dont know which, but that's what it looked like. I would probably go with 3/16" in my boat. Riveted down it will be more solid than 3/4 plywood and less than half the weight, not to mention the boat will last longer than I will. Less weight means the engine isnt working as hard to push the boat the same speed which means better fuel efficiency. I hope. Keep us updated on your progress, I am interested to see how it turns out.

mattco

Recruit

WELLSLEY

Cadet

Let's see if I can figure out how to post a pic.
006.jpg

fishrdan

Admiral

Here's a couple shots of my 2001 Superhawk 1800. I bought it as a theft recovery that was stripped pretty bad, interior was shot too, so I completely rebuilt it from the decks on up. It cost a couple thousand for rebuild materials, but I was able to lay out the interior as I wanted.

dscf3271a.jpg

dscf3267.jpg

dscf3264.jpg

Lead Swamper

Cadet

i bought a crestliner 1 year ago got motor running after water pump and carbs done i would like to show pictures but i am unable to change anything in my profile
this is my first reply on this site and will be on here for people sudjestions for the restore of my boat shes sweet for a 1968 crestliner runabout deep-v + extra wide. I would really like to see it shiney new again. Ive fixed the motor 1973 chrystler 70 hp oooeee beast for its time, sounds like a champ when running now. I removed floor for my own curiousity, and repaired some rivots but just starting restore.

Lead Swamper

Cadet

I have searched for the same type of boat. I haven't had any luck yet resolving the name other than crestliner and year. its 1968 16' or maybe 15' 1/2 , wide , deep v. aluminum

Its my first, im really enjoying the challenge or restoring with some extras, Any help or comment are apriciated.

i have maybe original engine not sure, anyways its a 70 hp chrysler, I changed impeller, cleaned carbs etc...

i would like to get paint restored, i like the red. How or what is way to go about this? soda blast everything + repaint

would cost 3000 can hmmm I bought the boat for 1000 hmmmm or repair damaged areas and try to match paint

thank you all i love this site

Attachments

• Copy of ishing and boating 007.jpg
    Copy of ishing and boating 007.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 2
  • cottage at sandbanks 11' (13).jpg
    cottage at sandbanks 11' (13).jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 2
  • cottage at sandbanks 11' (35).jpg
    cottage at sandbanks 11' (35).jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

New around here but here is a few pic of my fish hawk 16 :D Its a fish catching fool :D

DSC03632.jpg

2011-05-21_08-56-04_508-1.jpg

Circles47

Seaman Apprentice

2004 Crestliner 1850 Sportfish, w/ Mercury 125

Fantastic fishing boat, awesome pleasure boat, each one only 5 minutes from the other!

0813111602.jpgDSC01168.jpgDSC01170.jpg

dpk1957

Recruit

Hers is my newly aquired Crestliner Muskie 550 with about a 71 Mercury IMAG0207.jpg650. Gonna fix he up real nice, should be a fun boat.

Dwayne

Sunsetrider

Petty Officer 1st Class

Here's my "new" late-60s - early 70s SeaScout. I'm just starting in on a restoration project. If anyone has pics of completed seaScouts I would love to see them.

download (2).jpg

AliceB

Recruit

1967 Crestliner - made in Canada - Waterloo Ontario by Canbar Marine Company
Completely restored by previous owner, in great condition
OMC 120 I/O
a honey of a boat.

Attachments

• 1967 Crestliner moored at our dock.jpg
    1967 Crestliner moored at our dock.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 3

mrruss

Recruit

Here is our new arrival a '87 Rampage 205 Cuddy, Alpha 1, with the 350 Magnum / Silent Choice exhaust and a few other extras.

chilling.jpg

hello,
I just acquired the same boat, its a 1990 but looks identical. Do you know where I can get any information on this boat,
I will need to redo the interior and floor. has a chevy 350 with omc outdrive
thanks,
Russ

zol

Cadet
Re: Post a picture of your Crestliner 1974

Re: Post a picture of your Crestliner 1974

Crestliner 1974.jpgCrestliner 1974 19' I have more photo's > I have lot more to do,This is a photo of the center console we made

Attachments

• DSC00852.JPG
    DSC00852.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC00843.JPG
    DSC00843.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited: