Possibly moving to a toon...

fyrfightr

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Possibly moving to a toon...

I have a ram to tow with, I looked at the tri toons, but they are $$$.

Manitou makes a VP tri-toon. The 23' the was at the Cinci Boat show was 30,000 plus trailer with a 150 on it. Boat tests put this combo at 39mph GPS.
We seriously considered it, but decided to run our '95 crest Savannah for a few more years...:)

rogerwa

Commander

As far as trailering is concerned, I would opt for the bunk trailer. I have towed my toons around on the scissors style trailers and would rather have the stability of the bunk style.

On the scissor, they tend to rock and tilt severly with the slant of the road. It gave me white knuckles and I would not want to do it (although I did) for long distances.

Definitely do not do the single axle scissor for anything you are looking at..

maharg

Petty Officer 1st Class

Roadking, we are looking to spend less than 24k, preferably way less. We would plan to keep it 6-10 years, until the kids look to move to watersports.

DL, land and sea sells sweetwater

We would be looking for a 4 stroke

lakegeorge

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Our boat is a Sweetwater with the 23" logs and we like it, that being said the larger logs will sit a little higher and in rough water you will get less water over the front deck.

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Under 24 grand for your requirements brand new seems a bit of a stretch to me. You must know something or someone I don't.

maharg

Petty Officer 1st Class

2010 Sweetwater 2086, Yamaha 50 4 stroke...Single Axle yacht Club trailer. Mooring cover, upgraded fiberglass helm, ss cleats, 10' Bimini top upgrade, 24 gallon fuel cell upgrade with fuel indicator, CD Player with FOUR speakers and mp3 input, beauty skirting, Waste receptacle 8'6" Beam! Fuel injected motor!
New Pontoon w/50 4 stroke, trailer, freight, and prep only $18,995 ! $164 a month
go to a 60 for $500, go to a 75 for $1600, go to a 90 for $2400, go down to a 40 and deduct $1000

Add $650 for tandem axel.

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Very nice. Godfrey makes good toons. This is the time to deal, too. Good luck.

1roadking

Recruit

Look at a bennington 2075 glitch with a Yamaha 115 and 25 logs I think you will be close iftou push hard for a good deal. It is an awesome boat and will do all you want. Really high build quality for the long term. They have an fair as well if you want to fish alot. The bennington 20ft is really 22.5 with the transom and a true 20 ft of deck space. The pontoons are 20.50 feet.