Port leak damage

hadvisor

Seaman Apprentice
Hey guys - just got done resealing a port window in my 96 Larson 280 Cabrio. I recently purchased the boat and noticed some hi humidity then a couple of water stains popped up in the couch area. The port has an outer ring and the inner insert with the flip up window. I pulled everything off, cleaned off the old 5300(pita by the way...) and resealed with some life caulk and a bit of patience. Port sealed nicely - now I have to figure out what to do with the damage that has been done. I went over the interior with a bleach solution to remove all stains - I'm probably going to rip the couch out and reapulster in the spring. The interior wood is starting to delam a bit and is moist.
To make my long winded story short - How can I reverse the process of moisture under that port? The vinyl wall can be pulled back and the wood behind it is cold/damp to the touch. Any suggestions for storage - humidity control this winter? It's going to be shrink wrapped outside storage in Wisconsin.
Thanks

wire2

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Port leak damage

Get it dry, fast. Put a dehumidifier turned way up in there and keep the area closed tight. If the weather turns quite cool, put a heater in there too. Although a dehumidifier alone running in a closed area will heat it up noticeably.

If you delay drying it out, mildew will set in fast.

Nova II 260

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Port leak damage

Clorox will kill any mold that may develop, then let it dry good.