Port Engine starving for gas

serpico1

Cadet
I have a 2004 Rinker 312 Fiesta Vee with twin Volvo 5.0L Ocean Series engines and outdrives. I have two 75 gal fuel tanks that has valves to isolate the tanks or merge them. I run with the tanks isolated, so that the port engine pulls from the port tank only and the same for the starboard engine and tank. I have been noticing that the boat doesnt seem to be getting up and out of the hole as fast as it used to at full throttle and top speed as dropped off a bit too.

Today i took the boat out and the Port engine was running fine at slow now wake speed. But once i throttled up to over 2500 rpm, it was starving for gas. I pulled the fuel water seperator and it was only half way full with fuel,but the fuel was clean and water free. I next switched the fuel valves so that both engines pulled from only the starboard tank and the engines ran fine, the pick up out of the hole even seemed a bit faster then before although not as fast as it was last season. I am assuming that there is a problem with the port fuel pick up... how to I check and fix this? Any other suggestions on what may be wrong?