Pontoon Walls?

UP HOOKER

Cadet
Joined
Oct 6, 2016
Messages
24
I am new to the Forum.
Just picked up an older Madsen Pontoon that needs a little face lift. The walls are sheet metal with vinyl Grafics on the exterior and painted on the inside. Both sides need a redo. Will probably paint the exterior side and maybe add a little vinyl. The question is what to do with the interior side, maybe glue carpet on it?
Would appreciate any suggestions.
 

bruceb58

Honorary Supreme Mariner
Joined
Mar 5, 2006
Messages
30,821
I would just paint. If you put carpet on there, will be a pain when you someday have to replace.
 

HotTommy

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Joined
Mar 15, 2013
Messages
1,025
I painted the inside of my fences. Truth is I only did a good job where they showed. Most is behind furniture.
 

UP HOOKER

Cadet
Joined
Oct 6, 2016
Messages
24
Thanks for the replies!
That was my first thought , there is a small black vinyl trim around all the sheet metal edges that would have to be replaced (it's like a u channel ) any ideas where to find it?
 

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Joined
Jul 23, 2011
Messages
53,179
automotive store, amazon, mcmaster carr (mcmaster.com) , direct from uni-grip (uni-grip.com), multiple places

just google edge trim
 
Top