Pontoon guide ons

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
How do i make my own pontoon guides for my traile wirh dime
You will have trouble finding enough dimes cuz we're in the middle of a national coin shortage due to the pandemic.

I think you meant dimensions. It's a little hard make a recommendation without knowing the dimensions of your boat and the trailer.

Welcome aboard.

HotTommy

Lieutenant Junior Grade
It depends on whether you want sturdy metal guides that can resist the force of being hit by the logs, or tall guides that merely stick up out of the water when the trailer is submerged to make lining the boat up easier. For the first you likely need to fabricate and weld metal guides to the trailer frame. For the second you can make them from PVC pipe and bolt them to the trailer.

ahicks

Captain
Any decent suggestion is going to need to know what stye trailer you have.

Papa102354

Recruit
It depends on whether you want sturdy metal guides that can resist the force of being hit by the logs, or tall guides that merely stick up out of the water when the trailer is submerged to make lining the boat up easier. For the first you likely need to fabricate and weld metal guides to the trailer frame. For the second you can make them from PVC pipe and bolt them to the trailer.
Where can i get info on how to build pontoon boat guide ons with all dimensions

HotTommy

Lieutenant Junior Grade
As mentioned above, it depends on your particular trailer. Post here a few more times so you can be approved for posting photos. Then post photos of your trailer and what you want the "guides" to do. . .... I doubt there are generic instructions for what you want to do, but if you haven't fabricated and welded metal before , instructions would not likely be of much help for that task. ... We need more info to be of more help.

Papa102354

Recruit

Papa102354

Recruit
What stops the pvc pipe fom floaing off wnen in water and how do i make the guide ons with carpeted wood

ahicks

Captain
Geez, are you going to tell us what type of trailer you have? Is it the bunk type that you float the boat on to, or the scissor type that you can raise up and down?

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Help us help you.......answer our questions and we can provide guidance.

so what kind of boat, what kind of trailer, got pics? we do not read minds.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member

Cat nip

Petty Officer 1st Class
Do you have access to a welder? Is it a bunk trailer? If so all you need to do is get 4 pieces of steel flat strap 2" wide 1/⁸" thick and long enough to wrap around 3 sides of the crossmember. Then weld a vertical piece of 2x2 square tube to the top of the straps. Put 1 at the front x member and 1 at the rear. Attach the 2 with a 2x8 board and counter sink the bolt heads. Then drill and bolt the straps to the x members.