Politics aside,my kind of people

xikxak

Petty Officer 1st Class
Laura Bush looks for chef who cooks barbeque.<br /><br />After 11 years as White House chef, Walter Scheib III has been pushed out of the kitchen by First Lady Laura Bush. While Scheib says he wants to leave on a positive note, insiders say that the 'top toque' was unhappy at the Bush's insistence that he give up all French recipes and cooking techniques,<br /><br />Dave :D :D :D

Twidget

Commander
Re: Politics aside,my kind of people

BBQ, Mexican food and steak are all a Texan needs to survive. Isn't that the 3 basic food groups? :)

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I agree, I dont like stupid fru fru french food either.<br /><br />Give me the three food groups as Twidget states, and I am happy.<br /><br />Ken

NYMINUTE

Captain

I think W wants more TexMex Chow. Certainly French is not a highly sought after food in the USA. Nice Move Laura, you rock.

xikxak

Petty Officer 1st Class

"WE like spicy food of all kinds"Laura Bush said in Newsweeks Feb 28 issue.(my birthday)"we like,obviously,Tex-Mex and barbeque,...George is a very good eater." <br /><br />French cooking doesen't go over in horse country,thats why they use all them sauces.(my words not Lauras} :D :D :D

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

what, no french toast? <br />no french fries? <br />no french bread? <br />no escargo? (my car goes just fine, thank you very much) <br />no chocolate marangue pie? <br />and what about pastries? <br />no macaroni & cheese? (that's okay, we got nacho cheese)<br />what about french kissing?<br /><br />In the final words of Marie Antoinette, "ice cream, I said let them eat cake and ice cream!"

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

You forgot French dressing. :D <br /><br />Plus they are now called "Freedom Fries", didnt you hear about that new law? :D <br /><br />Ken

KaGee

Admiral

The chef needs to get over hisself.<br /><br />Personally... French food is yucky! Hate my steak cooked in butter... I want it grilled!

tfjrc2

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I always thought the four basic food groups were:<br />1. Pizza<br />2. Meat<br />3. Eggs<br />4. Beer<br />What else is really necessary?

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

A properly topped pizza DOES cover the four food groups.<br /><br />Of course the "Carb Craze" prevents some folks from a good pizza.<br /><br />>>>>>>>HAPPY BOATING DREAMS<<<<<<<

Tinkerer

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by davexx:<br /> French cooking doesen't go over in horse country,thats why they use all them sauces.(my words not Lauras} :D :D :D
Which is funny because the French ate horse for ages and horse butchers were common: http://www.slowfood.com/img_sito/riviste/slow/EN/24/equina.html <br /><br />There's an old saying in parts of Europe: "You can lead a horse to water, but you'd have to be French to eat it."<br /><br />As for the basic food groups, everybody has left out Coke.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by davexx:<br /> Laura Bush looks for chef who cooks barbeque.<br /><br />After 11 years as White House chef, Walter Scheib III has been pushed out of the kitchen by First Lady Laura Bush. While Scheib says he wants to leave on a positive note, insiders say that the 'top toque' was unhappy at the Bush's insistence that he give up all French recipes and cooking techniques,<br /><br />Dave :D :D :D
I fully understand the first family's dislike for this guy's cooking. This post clearly states, "FRENCH recipes and cookin techniques"--- I would expect an emmediate repulsion to french cuisine by a true American president and his family. I'd also be a bit worried about poisoning by this French 'plant' in my midst.<br /> :D

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

Wait till you have a bleeding heart dem in the White House. They would probably want German, Russian and French food for all their meals. <br /><br />But nothing beat a good old Texan Style Texan BBQ. Open air, plenty drinks, good old hickory or misquite wood smoke.

xikxak

Petty Officer 1st Class

I heard on the food network that Ronald Regan's favorite food was macaroni and cheese. Another american boy. :p

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Yep.Clinton loved McDonnalds.