FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Anybody have experience with this stuff? I used the poli prep cleaner to remove the old wax, but it left streaks after drying. I dont want to apply the poli glow over this and have shinny streaks. Thanks for your help. 1987 245 Vista.
It will make the boat look great! For about 1, maybe 2 years. Then when it starts cracking and peeling off, it looks like crap, and the parts that don't come off are are very, VERY, difficult to remove.
This is what I was told to get the shine back in to the gelcoat. With a buffer use the 3m marine heavy duty rubbing compound. Then buff it with the Finesse_It II Glaze. Finish everything off with a good coat of Maguires Flagship wax. At least that is the plan I am going to try.
Good Luck with yours!