Plugs

snipe401

Cadet
Hello:

I'm re-doing an old aluminum boat. Going great, but there is a live well built into the hull. (Free standing, in center of boat - not against side/wall). Two lines through the hull to supply water. They run beneath flooring. I repaired one of the water lines, but the other is very hard to get to. Don't see why two lines would be necessary anyway.

So I want to plug one up. However, it is a odd size. Regular plug won't fit. Anyone know where I might order speciality plugs ? Or know how I might rig something up myself ? Got to make the hull water tight before I can move on.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Plugs

There are two lines to allow circulation of fresh water to the livewell, snipe. One line should go to a pump to introduce fresh water and the other is a drain.

Sounds like your pump is missing.

sdunt

Petty Officer 1st Class

There are a number of different 1", 1 1/8", 1 1/4", 1 1/2" sized plugs listed in the Iboats store.. If the size is other, then if you only want to plug it, use Epoxy putty - Marinetex, etc.

snipe401

Cadet

I located the other pump. However, I'm not sure if it works yet and still think I may want a plug to stop it up. (In the event of an emergency). I didn't know the iboat site sold plugs in different sizes. The larger might just do the trick. Gonna go measure it now. Thanks.