Plugging old holes from removed accessories?

ParallaxBill

Petty Officer 1st Class
Guys, what's the best way to plug holes that are there from removed accessories in the boat like snaps, screw holes etc.? My old Glassmaster has had it's share of bimini tracks, tonneau snaps added over the years to make it look bad leaving them be, so I wonder if there is a way to do it to make it look better by sealing them up.

I'm open for helpful ideas,

Bill

Solittle

Fleet Admiral
Re: Plugging old holes from removed accessories?

Marine Tex is the best two part marine filler going. It will even cure below the water line.

rndn

Commander

I used gel coat repair kit on my old boat and it worked great. I had holes right in the dash and was able to color match it perfectly.

JCF350

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Definitely Marine Tex. :D

lmannyr

Master Chief Petty Officer

Or 3M Marine Filler. It's good below and above water line. No color matching though.

bjcsc

Lieutenant Commander

I used gel coat repair kit on my old boat and it worked great. I had holes right in the dash and was able to color match it perfectly.

Echo that. I had some snaps, footman loops etc. that I removed. You can't even tell they were ever there. Fill it in high, spray with PVA, let it set, and then wet sand it in stages to 1000 grit. Polish it and it will blend right in. Don't use too much activator or it will yellow when it cures...

ParallaxBill

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks guys, I appreciate the tips. :)