Please tell me where it goes

joelewis73

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Replacing the engines in my 2000 Chris Craft 308 305';s with 350's. Almost done installing them but am stumped by this last hose and have no idea where it goes. I am running Volvo DP-SM outdrives and just rebuilt the chevy 350s to power it. There is a fitting on top of the thermostat housing that thee drawing shows goes to the fuel pump but it does not show where it terminates after the fuel pump. If anyone has any idea where it goes I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks
Joe

alldodge

Staff member
fitting on top of the thermostat housing that thee drawing shows goes to the fuel pump

Can you show a pic
Also the original motor was a G-what?

SD2600

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Yes a pic would help.. shot in the dark. Does it route to your vst?

BRICH1260

Lieutenant
The fuel cell on my 5.7 has two cooling line attachments for the water jacket, one water in and one water out. I `m going by memory here, but I think the input comes from the thermostat housing and the exhaust terminates behind the alternator into the intake manifold.

harveje

Seaman
vp (mpi version) fuel cell water comes from top of tsat , thru the cell and out to riser port, the one that goes to the intake manifold is a vent tube from the top of the fuel cell... If they put the water outlet there they will fill their intake and engine with water

Last edited:

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
Never understood on why they route the coolant that way you ,would think a power steering cooler would just work better and you dont need all that plumbing and the water cools the fuel without ever going thru the engine
from the fuel tank, thru a PS cooler then to the fuel /water sep, then to the cool fuel unit

muc

"Retired" Association of Marine Technicians...
Never understood on why they route the coolant that way you ,would think a power steering cooler would just work better and you dont need all that plumbing and the water cools the fuel without ever going thru the engine
from the fuel tank, thru a PS cooler then to the fuel /water sep, then to the cool fuel unit

That’s how MerCruiser used to do it with cool fuel 2. Problem is that there is no way to get rid of any air in the system. MCM is now on #4 EFI fuel system.

joelewis73

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Sorry for late post on this but I figured it out. There are ports on top of the new risers I installed so that is where they are going to. It is not on any diagrams I could find but it makes sense where it is at now. I just did not remember when I took them off 2 months ago where they needed to go back to. I just posted another issue I am having so all help is appreicted.
JOe