shootingpaul
Recruit
Thread starter- Joined
- May 26, 2008
- Messages
- 2
Hi guys here is the question of the year:
whats wrong????
I start on the water - only 1 cyl runing, go for about 15 min - the second cyl will kick in - it is a spark issue as I tested...., as soon the 2nd will kick inn the boat rides beautifully, no problems all day, you can start, stop etc it runs just fine, park it over night and the same problem, in the morning only 1 cyl has spark ( the top one), again take it on the water for about 15-20 min and the second cylinder will start runing and again no problems until next day, I tested triger for resistance - it is about 743, double coil -it is about 3100, tested plug coils etc, ofcourse new plugs, do not know how to test CDI unit, any help would be greatly appreciated, maybe someone knows what the test reading should be at?
it is a 1987 Mercury 25Hp
Thanks again for any help
whats wrong????
I start on the water - only 1 cyl runing, go for about 15 min - the second cyl will kick in - it is a spark issue as I tested...., as soon the 2nd will kick inn the boat rides beautifully, no problems all day, you can start, stop etc it runs just fine, park it over night and the same problem, in the morning only 1 cyl has spark ( the top one), again take it on the water for about 15-20 min and the second cylinder will start runing and again no problems until next day, I tested triger for resistance - it is about 743, double coil -it is about 3100, tested plug coils etc, ofcourse new plugs, do not know how to test CDI unit, any help would be greatly appreciated, maybe someone knows what the test reading should be at?
it is a 1987 Mercury 25Hp
Thanks again for any help