planing heads evinrude 225 cxcce 1988

Newportme

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Aug 15, 2005
Messages
113
I overheated my motor this spring first time out. After that I changed thermostats, waterpump, and head gaskets. I believe I am still getting water in the bottom 2 cylinders. Could I have warped the block or should I get the heads planed. The cylinder walls and pistons look fine.<br />The boat still runs hot ( on the gauge) at low rpm but above 2200 or so the temp drops right down.<br />Any suggestions?
 

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Feb 4, 2001
Messages
16,978
Re: planing heads evinrude 225 cxcce 1988

Welcome!!<br /><br />You can surface the heads but I wouldn't take off much. That motor is a bit more forgiving than some but don't take off more than .010". Do both heads the same.
 

Newportme

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Aug 15, 2005
Messages
113
Re: planing heads evinrude 225 cxcce 1988

If after having the heads done I still have water intrusion what are some possible causes? The heads are being done today and I will run this weekend. I am just trying to look forward. I am really dreading the first plug check. Is there anything I should take special care of while installing the heads? <br />Any tricks or tips?<br /> The motor also seems to run kind of hot( on the gauge ) at low rpm and it cools right down above 2500 is this normal?
 

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Feb 4, 2001
Messages
16,978
Re: planing heads evinrude 225 cxcce 1988

Its normal for them to run warmer at idle.
 
Top