Place to buy Bimini Tops Quickly?

mattb1974

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Looking for a place to buy a Bimini Top and NOT wait 3 weeks for it. Anyone know of a good place? Tried Iboats but Westland sent me the wrong color and took 3 weeks doing it, will take 3 more weeks to return money and another 3 weeks to make and ship a new one. OH, AND I have to pay a 25% restock fee and return shipping.:mad:

Bob's Garage

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Place to buy Bimini Tops Quickly?

Aren't there any boat surplus places up in your area? Or maybe some one that does boat canvas? We have them coming out our ears down here in
Florida.

Remember, you may pay more for instant gratification.

tschmidty

Chief Petty Officer

That stinks. I ended up buying a stock one from ebay for fairly cheap. Is what it is, cheap tubing and fabric, nylon bushings but it was only $110 bucks or so and got it in less than a week. I figure I can always upgrade to stainless hardware and a sunbrella top at some point but I was in the same boat as far as wanting it quickly.

MRS

Commander

Iboats, Cabelas, Bass pro shop, just have to pay one day delivery charge. It cost more but if I want something that fast I pay and have it sent ups or fedex.

NYBo

Admiral

Tried Iboats but Westland sent me the wrong color and took 3 weeks doing it, will take 3 more weeks to return money and another 3 weeks to make and ship a new one. OH, AND I have to pay a 25% restock fee and return shipping.:mad:
Why would you pay restocking and shipping if THEY made the mistake?:confused:

mattb1974

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Why would you pay restocking and shipping if THEY made the mistake?:confused:

Not sure if iboats or westland made the mistake. I ordered through iboats and got a bimini drop shipped from Westland. Ordered a Navy Blue and got a bright blue that wont look good with my boat.

The problem with getting it fast is that these biminis from iboats are all made to order and not stocked on a shelf, so it isnt a matter of paying for quicker shipping.

I am going to call C.S. Monday morning and see if I can get the restock fee waived.

While not a bimini, I will use this opportunity praise Iboats store on price and speed. I ordered an Anchorshade here last Sunday (for $70 less than anywhere else and had it in my posession Tuesday with only normal ground shipping (Fedex Ground).

FWIW these people are quick.

Utahboatnut

Senior Chief Petty Officer

When I ordered from I boats I paid extra for the shipping to get it here when they said it would with the more expensive shipping. Didn't happen so I had to go without, but when I got back I called and told them what had happened at first they didn't want to do anything but after some persistance I got my additional shipping fees returned to me. It wasnt a production issue rather a shipping issue which I paid for but never recieved. Other than that I have been happy with the top.

TBTOsterman

Cadet

overton's has overnight shipping. i messed up an order on my first bimini and got the wrong size. ordered a second top two days before a holiday weekend. got it just in time.