Pix of Hawaii Trip, how many have been there?

KRS

Banned
Both of my brothers live there, one just made Chief on his submarine, so we went there to celebrate and see him get "pinned". As is turned out, my other brother and I were able to pin him. It was very cool.<br />.<br />Enjoy the Pix...<br />.<br />
hawaii1.jpg
<br />.My two girls posing in Tahitian garb<br />.<br />
hawaii2.jpg
<br />.Family at Nuuanu Pali park<br />.<br />
hawaii3.jpg
<br />.Pali Lookout<br />.<br />
hawaii4.jpg
hawaii5.jpg
hawaii6.jpg
<br />.Flower growing on the grounds at the Hale Koa resort<br />.<br />
hawaii7.jpg
<br />.Wonder if that boat takes 4 or 5 quarts of oil???<br />.<br />
hawaii8.jpg
<br />.Wifee and I<br />.

KRS

Banned
Re: Pix of Hawaii Trip, how many have been there?

hawaii9.jpg
<br />.Wifee onshore, overlooking the Arizona Memorial.<br />.<br />
hawaii10.jpg
<br />.We visited Ford Island<br />.<br />
hawaii11.jpg
<br />.Wife and I, after dinner at the Sea Breeze Restaurant on Hickam AFB<br />.<br />
hawaii12.jpg
<br />.Beach at Bellows AFB, beautiful<br />.<br />
hawaii13.jpg
<br />.My son and I<br />.

QC

Supreme Mariner

We've been twice. Both Maui with one night on Oahu. we've been to the Arizona Memorial and we were there the night that Mighty MO was towed into the harbor. Pretty cool.<br /><br />Nice pics, great family you got there!!!

KRS

Banned

Saw Mighty Mo... but I was on the Submarine docks... and they DO NOT JOKE about the NO CAMERAS rule! so... no pics.

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I was there a couple of years ago for work. I took a couple of days vacation while I was there. The Arizona Memorial is something I'll never forget.<br /><br />I got a tour of the Missouri too... I tried hard, but they wouldn't let me take it trolling for Marlin...<br /><br />Hawaii is an ammaazzziinnngg place.<br /><br />Nice pictures!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Quietcat:<br /> We've been twice. Both Maui with one night on Oahu. we've been to the Arizona Memorial and we were there the night that Mighty MO was towed into the harbor. Pretty cool.<br /><br />Nice pics, great family you got there!!!
QC, you would then love the picture of my young son sitting atop the middle barrel of the front sixteen inch gun, flanked by both of his grandfathers, when the MM was stopped over in Astoria, OR, enroute to Hawaii. If you'd like to see it, let me know, I'd have to scan it.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Ah, the memories. I flew to Oahu, for the first time, in the mid 70's when you deplaned on the tarmac at the airport. I remember standing up when we came to a stop and then they opened the door. The smell of the plumaria? just flooded the plane. It was pure Heaven. :)

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

While I was there, the surfing was really good. I thought it was funny how there were signs on the doors to the little shops saying "Closed for surfing. Be back tomorrow".

LadyFish

Admiral

Beautiful pics azfyrfyter63!!!<br /><br />Thanks for sharing. :)

eeboater

Commander

Very cool! I want to go there someday... Did you happen to see Dog the Bounty Hunter while you were there? :D <br /><br />Sean

sangerwaker

Commander

Excellent pics! I, too, would like to go there someday. My parents have went, and also had some beautiful pictures.

KRS

Banned

No dogs, no noticeable bounty hunters. I see the smiley face so I'm not sure...<br /><br />My brother told me there are no snakes on the island. Mongoose were introduced to reduce the population and they eventually removed the snake population. We did see plenty of mongoose though.<br /><br />Is it the trees that give it that smell, that sweet fragrant smell.... plumaria huh? Wow...

KRS

Banned

Oh, I wanted to add that we purchased our tickets 30 days in advance, we went on Sept 15th, stayed over a weekend, and flew home on Wednesday, both were red-eye flights, on ATA (American Trans Air) direct from Phoenix to Honolulu, and we paid $311 per ticket round trip! I was amazed. We purchased them through Expedia.com. For those who are looking... consider the red-eye, DON'T fly on a Friday,Sat,Sun,Mon, stay over a weekend, and begin searching dates that aren't spring break, 3 day weekend, christmas, other holidays.... you may be surprised at the cost, I was. Maybe we'll have an Iboats reunion there.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Boomyal:<br /> QC, you would then love the picture of my young son sitting atop the middle barrel of the front sixteen inch gun, flanked by both of his grandfathers, when the MM was stopped over in Astoria, OR, enroute to Hawaii. If you'd like to see it, let me know, I'd have to scan it.
Oh yeah, I'd like to see that. My boys were 3, 5 and 9 when she came into Pearl. They'd love to see pics from that. We flew out that night with lights strung all over her and fireworks etc. etc. What a sight!!!

Braxton

Chief Petty Officer

just wonderful pics!! what a great family you have there, looks like you folks had a great time, thanks for sharing. Brax

Peter J Fraser

Chief Petty Officer

My wife and I were there for a week in '84 for a convention.<br />Lovely place to holiday.<br />We went to Pearl Harbour and the Arizona Memorial.<br />Funny thing though that must be the only place in the world that the japs did not visit!<br />We have to keep the memories alive for those who lost their lives there.<br />Regards<br />Peter

carrotsnapper

Petty Officer 1st Class

Been there twice. I'd go in a heartbeat again. One of the coolest things I saw was when we were landing in Honolulu, we flew in over the coast down low and saw a nuclear sub steaming in to Pearl. It was way cool. We went straight to the Mighty Mo. While there, I saw the same sub under tow coming in to dock.<br /><br />The flower in the pic is a Hibiscus, they come in all colors and grow all over the place.<br /><br />You should have saved this post for January when we could really envy you. Thanks, Mark.

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Pulled into port there on U.S.S. Tarawa. Have since lost all my military pics.