Piston BLUES........

RAPACHI

Cadet
I am going to start by saying that I am glad to see a site where people like me can find out info about almost anything about their boats.

Here is my question:

I just bought my 1968 16' Chris Craft with a 1971 Johnson 50hp 2 stroke 2 cyl. And until today it ran GREAT. I broke a piston ring, and I am having problems finding parts. I am able to do the repairs myself (If I can find parts). I have the engine torn down, and I have pulled the piston out and checked the cyl. walls, they will be okay with a hone job. I am unable to find parts for this year of engine. Can anyone give me a site or a phone number where I can get the parts needed to rebuild it myself.

I would like to thank everyone in advance for their help
Michael

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Piston BLUES........

Twin City Outboards might also have some new-old stock.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

ishopmarine.com shows them at $35.82/cyl. for regular and .030 oversize.

The-Machinist

Petty Officer 1st Class

If you can find part #s check out www.sleepybills.com . He bought out an old omc shop and has a ton of original parts, you just need your own part #s as he has no parts listing-books

RAPACHI

Cadet

Thanks everyone.

I got excited when I saw $35.82 per hole, then I was let down. That was for rings only..........LOL I will try everyone's suggestions and see where it lands me. I will also post where I got the BEST deal.

Thank-You
Michael