pin hole

I have a 17 foot fiberglass boat with a screw holein the hull and need to fiberglass over it but don't know what's the best stuff to use. Anyone have any advice?

ryanr623

Chief Petty Officer
Re: pin hole

I have a 17 foot fiberglass boat with a screw holein the hull and need to fiberglass over it but don't know what's the best stuff to use. Anyone have any advice?

Did this just happen? If not you need to check for rotten wood. Where is the hole?

help

help

i have a fiberglass boat and it looks like someone scraped the hull on a rock or something and did a bad job patching it. the spot is in the midde of the hull and about a foot long and 6 linches wide and i want to redo it over so it looks better and give it more strength. could i just sand it down and use bondo or should i get some kind of fiberglass repair?

Ciera2450

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: help

Bondo generally doesn't work well on a boat. Especially under the waterline. How deep is the scratch? Do you plan to regelcoat overtop of the repair?

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Welcome to iBoats!!!

Take some pics!! Makes it a whole lot easier for us to help you.
My signature has a link for how to post em.

Cadwelder

Lieutenant Commander
Re: pin hole

Not saying we won't answer every question here, but did you try a seach on this, as there has been a ton of the same situations here recently.

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

i have a fiberglass boat and it looks like someone scraped the hull on a rock or something and did a bad job patching it. the spot is in the midde of the hull and about a foot long and 6 linches wide and i want to redo it over so it looks better and give it more strength. could i just sand it down and use bondo or should i get some kind of fiberglass repair?

Thats a mighty big pinhole you have there....

Pics..

YD.

PS. from pinhole to 12"x6" is an understatement dont you think ?