pin hole in tube

tav

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thread starter
Joined
Feb 8, 2008
Messages
239
use this tube 2 times and now I have a small hole in the seam so instead of using a patch I cleaned the seam and used some permatex ...... as you know permatex doesn't Hardin(as I was told) it has a little give to it when cured...... think this should plug the hole and do the job.?
 

Peter_C

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
193
Re: pin hole in tube

~think this should plug the hole and do the job.?
Nope!

You also didn't mention what type of Permatex as it is a brand that makes lots of adhesives. Super Glue can often fix pin holes. I typically use a pool patch kit for PVC material. You don't mention what the object in need of repair is?
 

tav

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thread starter
Joined
Feb 8, 2008
Messages
239
Re: pin hole in tube

it's a seam as I posted and the permatex black I and useing , with stands oil,fuel,and hoping water.
i'm gonna look at it in a day or so and blow it up and if doesn't work i'll try and remove it and go with a patch kit.
 
Last edited:

zwapp420

Cadet
Joined
Jul 7, 2012
Messages
18
Re: pin hole in tube

Besides gluing a patch onto the tube, Latex or Inner Seal would be my recommendation.
 
Top