Picture from the sticks

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Yea the County has been doing an upgrade on the sewer system around here and yesterday and today was my lucky day.<br /><br />They send out a bunch of "workers" that don't know much about anything but how to tear stuff up, ie:water lines etc., and then I have to show them where their lines are, no one has a blurprint or anything of this.<br />It has been since 1981, but gesssshhhh, I know they had pen and paper back then too.<br /><br />Well, here is one shot of the stuff getting ready to happen.<br />
watermark.php
<br />And this is the shot from my front porch this morning just before they broke my water line. :rolleyes: <br />
watermark.php
<br />Couple good things, over thar where that other hoe is sitting, they put a new manhole in, $200 for me, cha-ching and they had to put another one in just before they left my property, cha-ching again, plus where that hoe is sitting, is right on my pad, so they have to pour me a new 16X32 foot pad plus they are going to blacktop the driveway. <br /><br />But this evening after they got done, it looks pretty good and next week they will come thru to finish dressing it up, new grass seed and some straw. To late to get a pic today but will get one tomorrow. <br /><br />Progress I guess. What ya going to do?<br /><br />You can't refuse them access to their lines, if you do, they will condemn your property to get to their lines, just wish they would send people out that knew what the heck they were doing.<br /><br />Ok, rant over, time for BP meds. :eek:

sangerwaker

Commander
Re: Picture from the sticks

Sucks about the water line Spinner. Hope ya didn't get too much crud into your house when you turned everything back on after reconnection. Mud can plug faucet aerators and stuff.<br /><br />Would be nice if the city/county/stste always had knowledgeable, informed workers. I've heard some horror stories from some of my contractor customers. Heard of several knocked down electrical services by the city back hoe operator.<br /><br />At least you're getting that new pad and driveway. New Gambler parking? How's that thing working out BTW? Had her out much?

SpinnerBait_Nut

sangerwaker, these people just walk around looking lost about 3/4 the time and I think they are. I don't understand how these people gets these jobs.<br /><br />As far as the Gambler goes, it's in the garage and yep, have had it out enough to get the Promax broke in and have run it up to 72.8 on the GPS and it wanted to start chinewalking a little so I pulled back on the binders a little.<br />That was at 5900 RPM's and the Promax is rated at 6900 so it still has a little bit left in her.<br />That's with a 25 Trophy about 2 and 1/2" below the pad.

D

DJ

sangerwaker, these people just walk around looking lost about 3/4 the time and I think they are. I don't understand how these people gets these jobs.<br />
SBN. Do you REALLY wonder?<br /><br />I hope they do indeed come back and "fix" things.

sangerwaker

Commander

Fun, but be careful. Things happen real fast and there aint no seat belts, air bags, or crumple zones! I don't have a lot of pad bottom experience, so I can't comment on the handling, but 72 is smokin! <br /><br />Did the workers put everything back together nicely? It does suck to see how your tax dollars are spent. Meaning the workers salaries.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Kinda like the boys who were digging around (with a backhoe) in the alley next to my house, fixing to drop in a phone line.... <br /><br />Few days before, the GAS company came out and very clearly marked where the GAS LINE is with orange paint and them little flags that say GAS LINE HERE...<br /><br />I say to em, "Hey... there's a gas line down there where your digging"... In broken english, "I know" says the dude... :rolleyes: <br /><br />Back in the house 5 minutes later, i'm in the bathroom, all the doors closed, thinking I better get outta here cause they're gonna hit that pipe, and all the sudden I hear, HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS..... :eek: <br /><br />Yep.. They hit it.... The guy from the gas company said they cut it clean in half... Luckey them yay-whoos did'nt blow up the entire neighborhood..

SpinnerBait_Nut

Yea they fixed the water line and like I said, it don't look half bad now and the driveway is bigger than it was and that is a plus when getting a 21' boat in and out along with a 30' motorhome.