pics have arrived PROJECT BOAT

stickeydat

Cadet
Ive posted 2 posts 1 in late march 2nd early april concerning this project boat said id get som pict,s so here they r [[built by pat curtin]] any body no wat make is dis hull?? It has a quadralift hull DATS PAT CURTIN IN DA LAST PICTBY THE WAY THIS BOAT IS SUPER LITE ,FLY WEIGHT.:):(

Attachments

• Pat Curtin On Golden Pond.jpg
    Pat Curtin On Golden Pond.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 1
  • GEDC0531.jpg
    GEDC0531.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 1
  • GEDC0537.jpg
    GEDC0537.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 1
  • GEDC0532.jpg
    GEDC0532.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 1
  • GEDC0534.jpg
    GEDC0534.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 1

stickeydat

Cadet
Re: pics have arrived PROJECT BOAT

Mr turner sir u say it looks like a winner escape of 1986 i have never seen a pict of an escape but i will look one up. My hin check ofcourse says its a 1976 incomparison with the hin# i provided.which should b in the second post [[does any one no this guy??]] posted early this month

slinkeey

Seaman Apprentice

That stringer system looks very Winner like to me.. It looks like the fibreglass grillage that Ned Momany invented.

Do you know if there is wood under those stringers? If they look like they were casted in a mold, then that is a dead ringer that is is a Ned Momany boat..

PAT = BOCA GRANDE BOAT WORKS INC though..

You are also right that it is not an Escape..

Those stringers have my attention though...

stickeydat

Cadet

NO WOOD BUT FOAM IS ALSO IN THE STRINGERS, I CHIPPED ONE AND CHECKED.ACCORDING TO THE SERIAL# THE MAN U SAW IN MY OTHER POST IS THE BUILDER OF THE BOAT HIS NAME IS[PAT] PATRICK CURTIN HAVING SOMTIN TODO WIT BOCA GRANDE BOAT WORKS I WONDER IF HE ALSO HAD ANY INVOLVEMENT WITH [WINNER BOATS CO BACK INTHE DAYS???FEW MORE PICS AND WHO,S ]Ned Momany???

Attachments

• GEDC0538.jpg
    GEDC0538.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 1
  • GEDC0529.jpg
    GEDC0529.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 1
  • GEDC0527.jpg
    GEDC0527.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 1

slinkeey

Seaman Apprentice

Ned Momany Owned the Winner that was in Dickson, TN
NedMomany01.jpg

He invented the Fiberglass Grillage for a wood free stringer system.

You can see a little about him here.

http://www.bbcboards.net/zerothread?id=623158

slinkeey

Seaman Apprentice

What brought you to the Winner forum with this boat? Just the looks... Well we know that it is not a winner, but the stringers have me thinking.

stickeydat

Cadet

What brought you to the Winner forum with this boat? Just the looks... Well we know that it is not a winner, but the stringers have me thinking.

:cool:so dats mr momany huh, hmmm yeah ive seen his face b4 on the net.

by theway i recently got this boat last year late and was very curious to find out what it was.
so i searched the net untill i came across a picture of this same hull design on a 21ft boat on [boat angel web site] which inturn led me here.

unfortionetly i still am not satisfied my thrist not yet quenched seeing that the model# doesnot concur to dat of a winner made boat.have u seen the other pics i have put online notice the mini cabin walkthru hatch? have u seen dat on the 17/18ft winners?

stickeydat

Cadet

oh yeah iforgot 2 mention that there was an image of a cats head / face on the glove compartment door B4 som kids ran off with da door in pieces

jimbo_jwc

Ship Happens

Looks like same design hull as mine . Thompson Sea Rage 196 . When I posted that it did 50mph at 5000rpm w/ 3.0 liter 130 hp mercruiser people questioned . I bought for a
lite trailerable boat that I would feel could take Lake Erie and deep sides .

Attachments

• hull.gif
    hull.gif
    52.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

stickeydat

Cadet

looks like same design hull as mine . Thompson sea rage 196 . When i posted that it did 50mph at 4500rpm w/ 3.0 liter 130 hp mercruiser people questioned . I bought for a
lite trailerable boat that i would feel could take lake erie and deep sides .

hey jimbo jimbo you gat my full attention dat boat of yours is a ((doll)) i am flattered.it really looks the same as mines if u could please show just a few more pictures please.does your boat have a mini walkthrough hatch on the bow? What year was it built. And does the model no# begin with [pat]
im thirsty 4 info like a man in da desert

jimbo_jwc

Ship Happens

thompsonpass.jpgthompsondash.jpg350366039912_2327813.jpgthompsoncuddy.jpgthompsonpass.jpgthompsondash.jpg350366039912_2327813.jpgGot more but have to resize
Interior pics are not mine but exactly same

jimbo_jwc

Ship Happens

Click on user ID and find post for other pics

stickeydat

Cadet

That stringer system looks very Winner like to me.. It looks like the fibreglass grillage that Ned Momany invented.

Do you know if there is wood under those stringers? If they look like they were casted in a mold, then that is a dead ringer that is is a Ned Momany boat..

PAT = BOCA GRANDE BOAT WORKS INC though..

You are also right that it is not an Escape..

Those stringers have my attention though...

slinkeey did u c da pict dat jimbo posted to me same hull design but unfortionately wrong boat. man how many comp,s use da same mold? inside is differant year1987 thompson sea rage. interesting is the speed he gets 50mph frm a 130hp engine any comment

stickeydat

Cadet

Click on user ID and find post for other pics

jimbo tnkx for da pics lik u said the inside is difrnt frm mines but the hull is somuch alike.iguess my search continues to identify this mystery boat.
tell me though your boat runs outboard 130hp and really pumpsup 50mph? 19.6ft hull?
wats the weight of ur boat and specs ? feather weight huh.

jimbo_jwc

Ship Happens

130hp.gif130hp mercruiser I/O 4cyl GM Industrial engine 3.0 Liter , Havent weighted but on iboats it says approx #2400

jimbo_jwc

Ship Happens

Project Boat looks dog fast . It was I/O and transom repair and now going to be OB . Let me know how it handles your lakes ?Seas . I got mine to catch fish and boat Lake Erie 1-3` , 3-5 , hopefully not 4-6 ft waves
and hope I can run strong enough when storm sneeks up on you .

arabian 200

Cadet

My best guess would be around a 1979 Thompson,model called a sea coaster model #7991. This was their entry level model for this hull design,The sea sport model #191 had a fancier interior. Both models i mention are closed bow models. Both models also came in the dark blue hull with white deck.I believe this was the first year of the back deck (older ones had a slant back deck.) With V8 power the boat weighed about 2400lbs. Hope this helps

stickeydat

Cadet

My best guess would be around a 1979 Thompson,model called a sea coaster model #7991. This was their entry level model for this hull design,The sea sport model #191 had a fancier interior. Both models i mention are closed bow models. Both models also came in the dark blue hull with white deck.I believe this was the first year of the back deck (older ones had a slant back deck.) With V8 power the boat weighed about 2400lbs. Hope this helps

tankx arabian only im having problem finding pics on da net of the 2 boats u mentioned. hmm i wonder where they cld b hiding? i would like 2 c there faces.

arabian 200

Cadet

I have the original sales literature from 1979 on both Thompson and Winner. I don't know where else to look either. I know the 1977 winner cougar had a slant back. i also know the 1979 model had the square back just like yours