Picnic table?

petryshyn

Commander
Always wanted to make a large picnic table out of a sheet of particle board and saturate it with fibreglass resin.(coat, sand, coat, sand etc.)<br />Ant ideas on how this would stand up in the elements?<br /><br /> :confused:

needadrink

Seaman
Re: Picnic table?

Hi schematic <br /><br />I have had some experience in using fibreglass through my employment.<br />I would suggest that you use something to bond the resin together or you may find it will de laminate or craze. <br /><br />A product we use is called nexus, which is like a very fine gauze cloth, which is sandwiched between two layers of wet resin. You may also find it beneficial to add some wax to the resin, as this will give you a better finish. You should be able get the wax from the same place you get the other materials. <br /><br />I tried to cover some plywood on the floor of my boat once and found that the fibreglass made the wood warp, of corse I should have coated both sides but this would have made too heavy.<br /> <br />Hope this has been of some use to you.<br /><br />needadrink