Picking up new Tracker Tundra

Jefff

Cadet
I finally found a forum devoted to Tracker owners. It's a little disappointing that there are so few posts. I'm picking up my new Tracker Tundra 20 Sport in about a week. This will be my first boat. I have read both good and bad things about Tracker all over the internet. I am hoping that there are a lot of Tracker owners who know of this forum and will begin to actively post their experiences.<br /><br />First of all here are the reasons that I decided on the Tracker Tundra.<br /><br />My kids are almost grown (21 and 15 year) old. My wife and I love to fish and the years of spending the weekends with the kids are about over. <br /><br />I wanted a boat that could be used to fish for stripers or trout on large lakes like Lake Mead or Lake Tahoe but also will work for serious bass fishing on smaller lakes in Southern California. I also want a boat that is comfortable to invite friends out for an afternoon of boating.<br /><br />I looked at the Glastron, Tahoe and other glass boats and although they are set up for fishing, they don't seem to be configured to walk around while fishing or have a serious fishing platform at the bow like the Tracker.<br /><br />I would have considered a Ranger, however I don't think my wife is quite ready for a serious bass fishing boat. It looks too much like a guys boat.<br /><br />So, I decided on a Tracker. I like the looks, the functionality, the fact that it is light and easy to tow, and the price. <br /><br />Let me know what others think. What am I missing? There are very few boats with this configuration. I may decide that I want something else in a couple of years but this looks like a perfect way for us to get started in boating.

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral
Re: Picking up new Tracker Tundra

Welcome to iboats.<br /><br />You will have a ball. :) :cool:

koolerb

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have owned a 1992 Tracker, Pro Deep V 17 for about two and a half years now. Your Tundra is a whole different class of boat. I know what you mean about hearing good and bad things about Tracker. We have been considering a new boat, and have been looking around at different manufacturers. I've heard mixed reviews on the Tracker boats, but mostly good. The tough thing about going out for feedback on the Tundra and the Avalanche is that they are new models, and they're really unique. There really aren't any other boats out there quite like them. If we had a larger boat budget we would be looking at the Tundra and Avalanche. The Targa and Tournament V18 are closer to our price range. My wife wants high gunwales (Targa), I want a more fishing oriented boat (Tournament V18). We have three kids and she’s concerned about one going over the side in a bass boat. Enjoy your new boat.

richet

Cadet

Jefff, Did you purchase both a Tracker and a Lund Fisherman? I am confused as you posted on 4-21-2006 on the Lund forum that you just ordered an 1800 Fisherman?