pic: boat put away for winter =(

bow wow rider

Seaman
Re: pic: boat put away for winter =(

i like the way ya got the chair facing the boat ready to use w/ table and trash can next to you for your empty's while your sitting looking at your beautiful boat waiting for next spring..

ah, you figured it out! accurate observation.

i think i'll just let her sit on the tires, but roll the rig a few inches every now and again.

it's a great garage -- my dad was talking about renting space to boaters next season. i wonder if he'll charge me? =)

For all of us in the north to all of you in the south we do envy you but don't blow your horn to loud. I hate the day I put my boat away for the year but I also keep thinking of whats to come in the spring. It's been a month now and I'm still cussing the Army Corp of engineers for draining my lake early to control the tributaries (horse hockey) well @ least that's thier excuse.

Exactly, the Corp starts draining my lake to early too. Shenango Reservoir seems to start dropping in mid-July! I was out in mid - August and it was down about 3 ft from July 4th!

bonz_d

Vice Admiral

Springs are designed and made to be under tension without relief. Think of the springs on a car. Rarely, if ever, relieved of tension.
The boat trailer is usually I-beam steel or aluminum and is certainly strong enough to support the boat, but that's not what it's designed for.

Axles are designed to carry load. Support the trailer (if you decide to lift it) under the axles. Or leave it on the ground. If you get flat spots, they will go away after a few miles of road use. I worry more about the cold weather helping with delamination, but it's probably not an issue in the garage.

I really don't see were it makes any difference as many of the trailers I see around here spend 1/2 the year with nothin on'm other than bird poop. Besides the fact new springs sit for moths on end in warehouses w/o being attached to anything either w/o any ill effects.