Photobucket is out?

Barbee Q

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Photobucket is out?

Hey Dave.. Did you try to go back through your cookies file and find the date you last got on with PhotoBucket.. Go to your Date and Time and reset the computer date to the day before you first tried photobucket..Restart your computer after it is done. I'm guessing that maybe you down loaded something that my be conflicking with the server link.. Be ware that you will loose some info. or down loads that you may have put in the computer from those dates.. So you may want to copy those things on a disk. <br />Good luck<br />Barbee

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

Mag, Nope. Can't get to it because it begins with Photobucket.com.<br />Barb, Thanks for the suggestion but I delete my cookies.<br />Maybe it has to do with the site itself having problems with some providers like Verizon DSL?<br /><br />I shot them an e-mail....we'll see what they have to say if I get an answer.<br /><br />And I wanted to see everyones mug shots on the other post too :mad: :(

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Works for me.<br /><br />
RV.gif

eeboater

Commander

Something is wrong with Verizon's DNS Record for Photobucket. I guarantee it. There is nothing wrong with Photobucket - I wouldn't bother with them.<br /><br />Sean

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

EE, is that a "Do Not Spam" record or "Domain Name Server"? If so, how do I go about resolving the issue? Is there anything I can do, or is it a wait and see if it works tomorrow or the next day type of thing?<br />Sorry to be such a PIA. <br />Thanks<br /><br />Dave

gonefishie

Commander

Dave.. go to your dos prompt and type in exactly: nslookup www.photobucket.com. it will return with an ip address then type in the ip addrs. at the next prompt: ping space and the ip addrs. <br />If you get a time out error then there is something wrong somewhere along the route that your puter take to go to photobucket. You can also type in tracert www.photobucket.com to see exactly where the problem is but that just for sh..t and giggle. Same thing happen to me too a while back with iboat. You just have to wait until it get resolve by those in charge nothing you can do about it.

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

Thanks GF, I'll give it a go....speaking of go...it's time for me to go home. (at least I can access it there)<br />Thanks everybody for y'all's help<br /><br />Dave<br /><br />P.S Jeff, glad to hear the good news re: the ticker. Stay well. :)

eeboater

Commander

Hey Dave,<br /><br />The DNS stands for Domain Name Server - this server resolves IP Addresses into Names. For example, the photobucket.com server has an IP address of 38.116.157.194. So, when you open photobucket.com it is actually trying to contact that IP Address rather than the name. I'm thinking that it is possible that Verizon DSL has the wrong IP address in their DNS records associated with photobucket.com<br /><br />I'd call Verizone and say "Hey, I think there might be something wrong with the DNS record for photobucket.com" See what the support guy says.<br /><br />Just an idea.<br /><br />Sean

Serentiy

Petty Officer 1st Class

I see rex X and can not click show pic. the square goes away no pic. It is not just you<br />Serenity

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by Dave Abrahamson:<br /> Thanks GF, I'll give it a go....speaking of go...it's time for me to go home. (at least I can access it there)<br />Thanks everybody for y'all's help<br /><br />Dave<br /><br />P.S Jeff, glad to hear the good news re: the ticker. Stay well. :)
Dave, just a sidenote, wrong Jeff.<br />Our Jeff is gonfishn.<br />See the difference?

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

Gotcha SBN....I guess I need to open my eyes and read the names a little closer :rolleyes:

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by Dave Abrahamson:<br /> Gotcha SBN....I guess I need to open my eyes and read the names a little closer :rolleyes:
Hey, you ain't the first and you sure won't be the last. Hope you get your issue with photobuckett straightened out.

brother chris

Commander

Originally posted by One More Cast:<br /> I can't log on to photobucket either. And the only avatars I can see are Keltons and eeboaters.
I see eeboaters avatar in my sleep! :p :D

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

Works now!!!! I can actually see y'all's mugs in the other post....maybe that isn't such a good thing ;) <br />Thanks for all your help. This it the response I got from support at photobucket;<br /><br />"We are currently experiencing some problems with our Service Provider. There is<br />a network issue between Cogent and Level 3. That is causing issues through out<br />the internet. We are actively working with both carriers to resolve the issue.<br />Please see our Blog for updates. http://blog.photobucket.com/" <br /><br />Thanks again <br /><br />Dave