Pet Peeve (one amonst several)

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Why do so many members fail to post their location? I mean, it's not exactly like a privacy issue.<br /><br />A lot of times, it find it interesting to compare the subject of a posting with the locale of the poster.<br /><br />Straighten up you laggards!!! :p

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Pet Peeve (one amonst several)

Well you never know with the big identity thefts going around or maybe they are ashamed of where they live!<br /><br />Bob

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Most of the time they are just in a hurry to post their first question and fill-out the minimum requirements to become a member so they can. I think it was a few posts before I went back to fill in more of the blanks. Then you start including your boats, website, avatar ... it's an Evolutionary thing.<br /><br />But I definately get a kick out of seeing all the places people are. Every new place is a new pin in the map (I need a bigger map :) ). Communicating all over the world with the stroke of a key. Amazing stuff!<br /><br />So let me take this opportunity (if I may be so bold) to ask that we all go check our profiles and get 'em current. You'll find that handy little My Profile button right below Post New Topic toward the top of this page. :)

sangerwaker

Commander

That just absolutely offends the heck out of me! :p :D

NYMINUTE

Captain

Heck, if I can advertise Fort Wayne, what could be more embarrassing that that?? Remember I said Live not Love. :p

dolluper

Captain

I put Ottawa so you might know where it is but it's actually KANATA silicon valley of the North Or where the Senators used to play hockey and it's all part of Ottawa now anyways , for those that don't know it's the Capital of CANADA All that wouldn't fit would it

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

I used to use my real name as a display name. Last week my Dad told me his credit card company called him asking about some charges. He didn't make them. Got me really thinking. So I removed my real name from this site and others. Sad but necessary. As far as location, that does not worry me yet.