Personal Payment Plan...

HotLava

Seaman
Re: Personal Payment Plan...

I'm with rude, but I'd make sure it's clear you OWN the title and vehicle until paid in full. Also, what would you do if he's 1/2 done paying and either:<br /><br />1) Says, no can do<br />2) A tree falls on it

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

I wouldnt do it. I've done it before and people rarely stick to their payments. It's a lot of hassle having to bank the cash each time the buyer comes up with some and if you want the $2000 for something then it's usually whittled away to nothing by the time the payments end.If you say anything's non-refundable you don't know what kinda psycho this guy is, he may well mess you up in all sorts of ways trying to get the money back.<br /><br />If he really wants a $2000 truck then he can go buy one when he's saved $2000. After all, it shouldn't take him any longer than to pay you off should it. If you aint sold yours by then then he can have yours for that money, at the same time he woulda had it anyway.

eeboater

Commander

Wow... great feedback!! I don't check iboats for 12 hours and I have 21 answers!!! :D :D <br /><br />Ok, so heres an interesting turn of events. The "prospective purchaser" offered $150 to hold the vehicle for the next 4 months. If they purchaser doesn't come up with the money for the vehicle, they seller gets to keep the money.<br /><br />What do you guys think?<br /><br />Sean

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by eeboater:<br /> Wow... great feedback!! I don't check iboats for 12 hours and I have 21 answers!!! :D :D <br /><br />Ok, so heres an interesting turn of events. The "prospective purchaser" offered $150 to hold the vehicle for the next 4 months. If they purchaser doesn't come up with the money for the vehicle, they seller gets to keep the money.<br /><br />What do you guys think?<br /><br />Sean
That I would say no to EE.

BigPoppaG

Chief Petty Officer

You could have sold the vehicle within that 4 months and made your 2grand instead of goofin around with this guy. <br /><br />Tell him you have had several offers and see if he makes a move to get the money right away. If he wants it bad enough............he will find a way.<br /><br />Seems like a big waste of time dealing with this guy, but if you got the time and space to store the vehicle.............have fun. :D

notinbig

Petty Officer 1st Class

NO......<br />Only way I'd do it.<br />Have him sign something thats says if he misses a payment you keep everything he looses everything for making you hassle over it. Or move on another buy is around the corner. LITERALLY.

rogerwa

Commander

In my view, you don't know what his endgame is. There are plenty of cars out there for 2K. What makes this one special. What does he gain by doing this, unless your car is a really good deal.<br /><br />If it is priced appropriately, then it is an opportunity that he can find again once he has the money. I am assuming we are not talking about a once in alifetime find or some special vehicle that his grandmother drove at one time, but just a regular ole used car.<br /><br />I appreciate those who want to give someone a break, but unforutunately theres a sucker born every minute, and two to take him. If the 2K is important to you, I would hold for cash and carry.

eeboater

Commander

Yeah you guys are right... I think I'm just going to hold out for an actual buyer. Considered the whole "good samaritan thing" for a while but its just too much work.<br /><br />Sean

K Hultgre

Petty Officer 1st Class

Does the hypothetical car include the lady in your avatar?<br />I'll give you $200 to hold it for 4 months, Heck I'll give you $300 to hold it for 4 months.<br /><br /> Now how about that test drive :eek: :D

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Lets be realistic here, there's nothing good samaritan about it. If the guy really needed a car that badly he'd pay $200 for one-not $2000. He probably can't be bothered to save for it-or has an agenda anyway.

Straightup

Petty Officer 1st Class

Good thread. I'm selling a Johnson 4 HP and a guy called last night and asked if I could deliver it? He lives a little under an hour away. I said I probably could. Now I'm wondering if that was such a great idea :confused: . Anyway, he said he'd call me back if it was a go. We'll see.<br /><br />Jeff

90skichallenger

Petty Officer 1st Class

I did that one time. I was selling a aries K (HEMI 2.6) for 1500. This soldier came to me with a sad story about needing a car and being broke. So I sold him the car for 150/month. He pays for 3 months, then I hear nothing. Next thing I know the FBI is knocking on my door. Seems the @$%^^*#@ usde the car that was still titled to me to go out and rape a high school student in the car. FBI wanted to know where I was and alibis and all. I ended up having to testify that I sold him that car and I produced the contract. Stories end....He went to jail and I never saw the car or the money again. Sorry dude I am a trusting soul but NEVER AGAIN. CASH on DEMAND.<br />Thats life.<br />c'est la vie'<br />Later,

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by Kevin H.:<br /> Does the hypothetical car include the lady in your avatar?<br />I'll give you $200 to hold it for 4 months, Heck I'll give you $300 to hold it for 4 months.<br /><br /> Now how about that test drive :eek: :D
Kevin,<br /><br />For 300 bucks I'll get you a cutout of her... :D

aspeck

Staff member

Wise choice to stay away, it ain't worth the hassle for 4 months! Something is fishy. Used to be in the car business - did things like that a few times, got burnt every time.

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by Kevin H.:<br /> Does the hypothetical car include the lady in your avatar?<br />I'll give you $200 to hold it for 4 months, Heck I'll give you $300 to hold it for 4 months.<br /><br /> Now how about that test drive :eek: :D
I'd give you $500.00 to hold her for four months :D :D

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

IF it was going ot be like $500.00 down and the balance in 4-6 weeks, I'd do it, with the proper contracts, but four months, NO WAY. Like Chief said, you're not a bank. There are alot of humble reasons why someone needs some extra time to come up with money, but four months, get real.<br /><br />Cool "signature". Very creative.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I might spring for $600 to hold them for a month. :D <br />EDIT: Make that $700 :D

eeboater

Commander

Cool "signature". Very creative.
David -- not sure if you were being sarcastic or not, but just in case you weren't --- thanks!!!<br /><br /><br />
$600 to hold them for a month.
Lester... and what EXACTLY do you mean by THEM :D :D :D <br /><br />Sean

K Hultgre

Petty Officer 1st Class

Gotta test drive her first.<br /><br />
  • <br />
  • the car... the car....<br />