FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
When useing perfect seal on the risers(new 5.7 dry joint),was I supposed to let dry first?I hope not,slapped it together wet.Also,is it NEEDED on the riser bolts?
I forgot to put it on the bolts on the first side.It's all torqued down now.Would I be safe to remove them one at a time,put sealer on and then re-torque,or just leave it alone?
If they are new, you should be fine.
If they were old corroded bolts going into corroeded threads that weren't cleaned out, then you need to redo it.
But don't redo them because you didn't use Perfect Seal.