Per SBNs request "recipe exchange"

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Per SBNs request

technostingray said:
Deezy are you still there?

I am indeed and thinking about sharing some more recipes from my homeland :D

Chatting at work last night about favourite foods and one of the most popular was Aberdeen Angus steak with a sauce made from onions, mushrooms, butter and some red wine. In the final minutes of grilling off the steak we like to melt some blue cheese over the steak and then serve with the sauce and some buttered new potatoes............................arrrgghhh I've just made myself hungry and it's just gone breakfast time!

Dijon Chicken is another favourite of mine! Here's how:
(serves 2)

2 Chicken breasts
250g (10 oz) Sliced Mushrooms
2 Cloves of Garlic, crushed/chopped
2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
200g (8 oz) Greek Yoghurt
1 Chicken Stock Cube

Brown the chicken in the olive oil and add the garlic.
Add the mushrooms and crumble the stock cube over the mixture.
Mix in the Greek Yoghurt and the Dijon Mustard
Simmer for at least an hour, covered.
For extra "zing" add a few dashes of red wine!

Serve on a bed of rice or with mashed potato........mmmmmmmm, delicious!

rwise

Captain

this is getting interesting
Richards hot wings (fire breathing dragon wings)
2 dozen or so chicken wings cut and trimmed
flour, salt pepper, red pepper
flour wing pieces and let stand in enuf flour to keep from sticking to each other for at least an hour (better over night) then deep fry golden brown (dust off extra flour first) then coat with sauce below, may want to have some ice cream handy!
12 habernaro (big ones)
2 cloves garlic
6 alspice berries
Italian dressing
put first 3 in blender add enuf dressing to blend into a liquid

serve with celery sticks carot sticks and blue cheese dressing, fries etc.

enjoy!

I dont want to hear its to hot! To mild it down a bit cut the sauce 50/50 with BUTTER real BUTTER!

stan_deezy said:
technostingray said:
Deezy are you still there?

I am indeed and thinking about sharing some more recipes from my homeland :D

Chatting at work last night about favourite foods and one of the most popular was Aberdeen Angus steak with a sauce made from onions, mushrooms, butter and some red wine. In the final minutes of grilling off the steak we like to melt some blue cheese over the steak and then serve with the sauce and some buttered new potatoes............................mmmmmmmm, delicious!
I si'pose this no uh waerk with Hereford steak. ;)

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Ron G....sounds like a good mix. Tastes in hot wings around here go from mild to atomic. I like mine on the hotter mild side. I like the grilling part....d:)

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

Chicken Wings, some call them Buffalo Wings.

BIG wings
Butter (real)
Franks Hot Sauce (nothing else will do)
Use the butter to cut the hotsauce, more butter= less zing.

Mix the Hotsauce and butter in a bowl to taste. Put the wings in AFTER cooking in oil (about 20 min or until crisp)
Shake em up good and enjoy!

I grew up in Buffalo, NY and worked at a place that made the wings this way. I still do it to this day and have never had a complaint.

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

How do YOU cook corn on the cob in coals?
Do you shuck and wrap in foil?
Do you just soak them in water and put them on the coals with the husk on?

Link

Rear Admiral

eepks said:
How do YOU cook corn on the cob in coals?
Do you shuck and wrap in foil?
Do you just soak them in water and put them on the coals with the husk on?

About 1/2 way down on the page it address BBQing corn and the same would work on the coals. We found soaking the corn with the husks on for about 2-4 hours worked fine.
However if you really want a treat husk them and put them on the bbq grill. They look a little ugly but the flavor is sooo sweet!

http://www.hormel.com/templates/template.asp?catitemid=120&id=804

all thumbs

Chief Petty Officer

Ahhhhh corn on the cob, my favorite. Although I do cook it on the grill at times, I found out the micro wave to work better. Best cooked the day its picked, 3-5 minutes an ear depending on size. Leave it in the husk to cook. Strip the husk back and it becomes a handle to eat with.d:)

all said:
Ahhhhh corn on the cob, my favorite. Although I do cook it on the grill at times, I found out the micro wave to work better. Best cooked the day its picked, 3-5 minutes an ear depending on size. Leave it in the husk to cook. Strip the husk back and it becomes a handle to eat with.d:)
We call them roastin' ears. 8)

heycods

Captain

Dig a hole 3'x3'x3' put a layer od coals 1" thick across the bottom and a layer o sant 1" deep over the coals do this 3 times then a layer of clean burlap sacking a layer of foil, on top of this put your meat of choice cut thick 2" or so, cover meat with sliced halapinios and onions salt and season to your taste, I prefer Goat for the meat and Italian dressing for the seasoning, Cover with a layer of foil more burlap sacking then a layer of dirt a layer of coals a layer of dirt and a layer of coals and dirt 3 times, cover hole with dirt for 24 hrs, Dig it up and eat it. Scrumtious

Link

Rear Admiral

all said:
Last summer when it was just too hot to cook inside we used the BBQ for three months. At the last minute when everything was about ready my MIL decieded we needed Corn on the cob so I googled it and did the same..
Very tastey and quick to. :)

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Techno,

Sounds like my recipe, except I heat it up a bit with Jabenero peppers and I add garlic. I also heat the mess, not to a boil but until warm to mix up the flavors just a bit. In some other batches I add lemon or lime juice and drop the hot peppers.

Just a thought.

Ron G

Commander

heycods said:
Dig a hole 3'x3'x3'
mutley thats to much d#m work in this heatd:)sounds good though,we use to do a whole hog in a smoker with the burlap sacks,we would rub the hog down wet the burlap with a water hose and cook all night.