People's Choice! What people?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Did anyone notice that the "People's Choice" award for favorite picture of 2004 went to. . . <br /><br />"Farenheit 911" :eek: <br /><br />What "people" chose that??<br /><br />YES, THIS IS A TROLL. Have fun :D

gaugeguy

Captain
Re: People's Choice! What people?

Did you see M. Moore accepting the award??? Looks like he had the "extreme makeover", and actually used a bar of soap.<br /><br />As far as "what people", I'm sure it was just the Hollywierd people that voted.

RetNav

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Yea JB, I saw that on last nights news and was going to post it but decided it would be accused of being a troll.. :D so I didn't post it. Wasn't Mel Gibson also selected by the "people" for his Passion of the Christ"?

ob

Admiral

It's getting to where if you miss the news at 6 o'clock,you can just wait a year or so and watch a movie about it or read a book.Hollywood and big three news is getting like a bad commedian that wants to keep telling the same jokes over and over until guys like me just can't stand to watch anything any more.<br /><br /> Can't wait for the Amber Frye movie.Not.What actress will play Amber?Who really cares? I guess the "people" do . Whoever they are.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

http://www.pcavote.com/index.shtml <br /><br />Thank you for the millions of votes cast in the 31ST ANNUAL PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARDS. For the first time in PCA history, all winners in every category were determined by voters on this website.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Look at the choices for favorite movie, hmmm, I wonder who narrowed down that list???? The Passion wasnt even on the list of choices?<br /><br />Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind<br /> Fahrenheit 9/11<br /> The Incredibles<br /> Shrek 2<br /> Spiderman 2

KaGee

Admiral

FOX NEWS reported yesterday that the ballot box may have been "stuffed". Don't know why anyone would believe that. After all, Mr. Moore was not even going to attend the "show", but somebody "tipped" him that he was going to win an award and he better show up. The tip came before the balloting was done. What a joke.

eeboater

Commander

This just proves one thing... The Dems based their arguement on something that is Deemed as "Entertainment" rather than reality.<br /><br />Sean

RetNav

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Sean, it couldn't have been the dems, must have been the repubs as there was more of them in the last election. Statistics don't lie... :D

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

As a political tool designed to oust the Bush administration - it obviously failed.<br /><br />As a documentry - it's been proven to be full of inaccuracies, distortions and half truths.<br /><br />As entertainment - I can only presume it passed in this respect...??<br /><br />Out of that list....I would have voted for Shrek 2 - my daughter told me it was good ;)

D

DJ

Credibility/fact and majority opinion have NO place in todays society.<br /><br />Today's society is influenced by the "squeaky wheel".<br /><br />Nobody has time, or inclanation, to check out a sound bite. So, they get a way with it.<br /><br />Besides, facts will not get air time-it's too boring. We have to have sensationalism in everything.<br /><br />While the networks are partly to blame, we all need to look in the mirror, as to what we tune into. Everyone has an agenda.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I just heard Mike Moore is planning a sequal to that POS crokumentary. He plans to call it "Farenheit911"....That is not one of my famous typos.<br /><br />The people's Choice awards" are purchased ahead of time, and allways have been.

NYMINUTE

Captain

I have a couple of choices for celebrity awards shows. Unfortunatly JB will have to Pooof them and me if I get started.