pedestal seat???

MASTER Brian

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I have a 1986 373v and am in the process of replacing the plywood for the pedestal seats as they are all wearing out. In any case, I have noticed that about 3" in front of each mounting bracket, on the bottom, is 3 bolt holes in a triangular pattern. These are on both sides, but nothing is attached to either side. They appear to be installed at the factory as the the "cleats/nuts" the bolts would secure into are on the inside of the upholstry.

Just curious what these might be for and if there is any reason to include them once again when I put the seats back together again.

I can supply a pic if need be.

bkwapisz

Chief Petty Officer
Re: pedestal seat???

I can't answer your question but would like to see pics anyways. I have an 89 ranger 680C that the seats are "ok" and I'm debating on whether to replace them or just use them till they fall apart. When last I looked it seemed better to get some aftermarket jobs and mount on the existing posts since the newer ones seemed cushier and I have a large rump.

Either way I'd enjoy pics of your seat rebuilds.

Brian.

MASTER Brian

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I'll try to snap some pics. I got all the ply cut for the frames today, now I just have to finish pulling the vinyl off and start putting everything back together.

It's really not that tough, a bit time consuming, but I really didn't want to spend ~$200 for new seats. Especially for ones that don't match. I just figure if I ever go to sell the boat and everything matches, the value will be higher, not sure if that's true or not, but I'm going with it....

bkwapisz

Chief Petty Officer

I'll try to snap some pics. I got all the ply cut for the frames today, now I just have to finish pulling the vinyl off and start putting everything back together.

It's really not that tough, a bit time consuming, but I really didn't want to spend ~$200 for new seats. Especially for ones that don't match. I just figure if I ever go to sell the boat and everything matches, the value will be higher, not sure if that's true or not, but I'm going with it....

You're probably right about that. I know I'd be more impressed with an older boat with original seats in good condition than with aftermarkets. Although either would be better than crappy older seats unrestored.