PCBs in trout taken from Galveston Bay

KennyKenCan

Commander
Re: PCBs in trout taken from Galveston Bay

Yummie!<br /><br />I just love them PCB's when I'm eating my fresh caught fish!<br /><br />Adds a little "kick" to them. Sort of like them jalapinos! yeah, yeah...<br /><br />Kenny

KaGee

Admiral

They must be spraying the Marijuna crops again!

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I usually like my fish with extra PCBs with a side sauce of Mercury. :D For an extra tang, try some DDT. :D <br /><br />Its sad that we are still paying for the our lack of knowledge of those from many years ago. Hopefully in 100 years it will all be gone.<br /><br />I have tried to eat some fish around this area, and the taste of crude oil is overpowering. Definately catch and release for me.<br /><br />Ken

KennyKenCan

Commander

I don't know kiz, Keltons catfish were delicious!<br /><br />So was the everything else he cooked up!<br /><br />And the lobsters and clams I brought down with me, just topped everything else off!<br /><br />Man, you Texans sure do know how to eat!

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

The area I was talking about is in the ship channel. I can be at the area described in the article in less than 5 minutes from where I launch. I have caught fish there and tried to eat them, but the smell of crude oil as I was cooking them ruined my appitite. :( <br />I think the ships from the ship channel keep things churned up. Plus there are many old abandoned oil wells that only leak "a small amount".<br /><br />The fish I eat from Trinity Bay and West Bay is great! It is all the same waters, just further away from the ship channel.<br /><br />Ken

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Not suprised. Most people dump whatever, wherever. To top it off, when they are caught, 90% walk due to "lack of evidence".<br />Until they enforce and convict upon the laws allready on the books, this will get worse.

LadyFish

Admiral

Well KIZ I hope they are taking readings from all over Galveston Bay since thats where we primarily fish. Scarey for sure.

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

Thanks Kenny....Those fish were caught about 100 miles from the location KIZ was talking about.<br /><br />and yes, the Lobsters were to die for!<br /><br />BTW, had more catfish/hushpuppies/onions, etc this weekend....Thought I'd throw that in for ya!

KennyKenCan

Commander

KIZ,<br /><br />That ship channel...<br /><br />Is that right there by the Texas City Dyke?<br /><br />Water at the Dyke looked okay to me when I was there, but what do I know, I'm from NY!<br /><br />Kelton!<br /><br />You bum! Now you got my mouth watering for more of that catfish and hushpuppies, and them onions too! I could go for one of them steaks too! Yum yum! <br /><br />Just can not get food like that here in NY! Sure the meals here are good, but nothin like what I had down there. <br /><br />I'll never forget that stuffed patato I had at the Space Center either! OMG! I couldn't eat it all! A fat guy from England finished it though! He was a riot on the tour!<br /><br />Hey Mike, 100 miles ain't all that far, especially in Texas! Plus, them oil wells are everywhere!

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

Hey we're proud that our fish glow in the dark. Makes them easier to catch at night. :D

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Texas city dike fishing is good too. Here is the map. Only the very upper part of Galveston Bay coming out of the ship channel is bad. Draw a line between Shoreacres and the road 2354, and dont eat anything northwest of the line. Everything else is good.<br /><br />Ken<br /><br /> http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?csz=Baytown%2C+TX&state=TX&uzip=77520&ds=n&name=&desc=&ed=zgquZep_0ToduCyo901RTYeDvW5EPxDIHs46mhYh633qRDZDlaT_UhFgyuWaa4pHZNxMimzIF9E7ct1ztvd2gzw- &zoomin=yes&BFKey=&resize=s&trf=0&mag=5

KennyKenCan

Commander

Good!<br /><br />As long as it stays away from Clear Lake!<br /><br />Thats where I would like to move to if I was to find a job there!

LadyFish

Admiral

Thanks for the update KIZ. :)

gaugeguy

Captain

That explains why LF outfishes Mr. LF...the trout are brain damaged :D