Pat Tillman died yesterday

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
Pat Tillman gave his life yesterday for something he believed in. He is but one of the hundreds of hero's who have made the ultimate sacrifice so that we can enjoy the freedoms and comforts afforded to all Americans.<br /><br />Pat's story will no doubt be covered for the next week on all the news and sports channels. But it should be known that his brother still serves in the region that claimed his brothers life. There must be something special in the Tillman's water to have raised two sons who's committment extends further than a couple of protests or letters to the editor. These were/are men. They exemplify all that makes this country the finest place in the world to live. To the Tillman family I cannot say anything that would ease the loss of your son, except to say that this country would be a far better place if the values you have instilled in your sons were shared by all.<br /><br />Thank you to all those who serve and have served in our countries armed services. You do not/have not serve(d) in vain.. We often take your sacrifices for granted but your contributions cannot be measured. We are humbled by your courage, bravery, and patriotism. Thank you Pat and all who have made the decision to put their lives in harms way to defend the principle's which make this country great. You are all hero's.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Pat Tillman died yesterday

It brings a tear of pride to my eyes to see someone pass up Millions of dollars to do something they believe in. Others are spending millions to make themselves look like a hero, while some have turned down millions to be that hero.

gaugeguy

Captain

For those that don't know, Pat turned down a big contract with the NFL Cardinals to join the Army. He is a hero, in more ways than one.

Parrott_head

Chief Petty Officer

Only the good die young.<br /><br />Pat's brother, Kevin, also enlisted shortly after 9/11. <br /><br />May the good Lord grant their parents strength to deal with this loss.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

A new tree will be planted here tomorrow in his honor. His sacrifice was for us. god bless him, and his family.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Thank You 12Footer......I do hope folks realize what Mr. Tillman intended to do for our Country and His Commitment to Our Country.<br /><br />I Pray for Blessings too Mr. Tillman, His Bro and the Tillman Family.<br /><br />Pat

Fly Rod

Commander

:) 1st my condolences and heart go out to the family of Pat Tillman!!!<br /><br />It is such a great tragerdy!!!<br /><br />Mr. Tillman paid the ultimate price for freedom and protecting our country!!!<br /><br />600 other military personal have also given thier lifes!!!<br /><br />Why hasn't the media talked about John Doe that left behind 1,2,3children????<br /><br />It has been on the news all day!!!<br /><br />I've had to change radio stations and shut off the tv!!!<br /><br />How much do we have to hear about this one person???<br /><br />Sorry!!! most people never knew what team he played for and most people didn't care!!!<br /><br />A profesional athlete was never a hero in my eyes!!<br /><br />Today Pat Tillman joins the ranks of many people that I consider " HEROS!!!!" whether it be giving ones life for his country or for attempting to save another persons life etc:<br /><br />Yes!!! Pat Tillman is a "HERO!!!" ;) :cool:

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I think Pat Tillman would be outraged that his name is all over the media. He wanted to serve his country as a normal person. He would have also wanted his death to be treated in the same way.<br /><br />My heart goes out to all that have given the ultimate sacrifice so that we all may enjoy our freedom.<br /><br />Ken

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I concur. He would not give interviews when he was playing ball and did not say anything to anyone about leaving the team and going in the service and that is the way he wanted it.<br /><br />No big hoopla about it.<br /><br />Another one that gripes be is the Jessica Lynch story. :mad: :mad: <br /><br />Big deal, she got injured while serving her country.<br /><br />What about all the others in her group?<br />Never hear anything about them.<br />If the truth was to come out, she possibly was the cause of it all to start with.<br /><br />What about all the others that have "Gave it all", no movies about them.<br /><br />OK, I'm done ranting now.<br /><br />My thoughts are with the ones that did give all and all the ones that are still there and the ones in the future that will make the ultimate sacrifice.

Link

Rear Admiral

I don't think Pat would have wanted all the hoopla over his death either. Here is a letter I sent to a local radio host today.<br /><br />John<br />There is a difference between Pat Tillman and the rest of us regular Joes. I was drafted in 1971 and when in the 82nd Airborne at Ft Bragg we had three Pat Tillmans (NFL Players) who were also drafted and instead of hiring lawers to avoid being drafted or as offered (Playing Foot Ball for the Army) they chose to serve with the rest of us. Also they were only in the 82nd Airborne because they washed out of the Special Forces. These guys had it made here in America with fame and money but served when called and refused to be treated different! Wasn't then and still not a sports fan, so I can't give you thier names.<br />As a matter of fact if it hadn't been for my cousin who was in my unit (A Company 82nd Signal) who pointed out who they were I would not have even known they were famous. Just regular guys who gave up a lot more than I did to serve. Back then the Army paid $120.00 a month plus Jump pay of $55.00<br /> <br />V/R<br />Link in Lakewood

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Many inlisted to go into harm's way for thier country. There are many motivating forces. We'ce all heard the one of "how they need to inlist in the military to get a job", or "It's the only way for a blank to get anywhere these days"....<br /> Mr Tillman proved that to be BS, to us all.<br />He probably would not approve of this entire thread. He refused to be interviewed for reasons all his own. And here we are. God bless him, and all who serve(d).

Roger Rose

Cadet

My prayers go out to the Tillman family. Not only a true hero but a perfect role model for all of us.

11 footer

Lieutenant

Yea, thats really to bad.<br /><br />But they should stop talking about it non-stop on the TV and radio. They talked about this guy ALL DAY!!<br /><br />What about all the other men who have lost their lives over their? He's not the only one :mad: :mad: