Partial floor replacement/hull bracing?

rml

Seaman
Greetings to the Board;<br /><br />I just ordered a copy of Jim Andersons runabout restoration book but thought I would get a head start by asking about hull bracing before cutting and removing part of the floor. I have a 24' Reinell cuddy and would like to remove the deck from the starboard side from the transom to the helm (approx 14'L X 3'W). What method of bracing the hull should I use before removing the deck or am I freaking out?<br /><br />Regards,<br /><br /> --rml

Bass Runner

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Partial floor replacement/hull bracing?

I don't know how the Reinell is built but if the stringers and the floor supports are in good shape you should't have to support it, also if don't have to take the top off it will support the hull while you replace the wood and glass in the deck

crab bait

Captain

remove the floor first an assertaine the problem.. the stringer are the main support not floor.. if'n stringers are bad.. remove an replace one-at-a-time..

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

RML, I have replaced the floor in several boats. There was never a problem bracing the floor, since bow to stern the stringers hold it rigid, and across the beam the frames and top mold hold it rigid. If you need to remove the top mold, Anderson recommends the hull be braced, especially if the frames are bad.

rml

Seaman

Many thanks to all for the replies.<br /><br />Regards,<br /><br /> --rml